VOTE NOW FOR ALL YOUR FAVORITES FROM G.A. 2023 ×

First trip in 5 years!

TheJoker

Hello,

I haven't been to SFGA since the Fright Fest the year before Kingda Ka opened. I am driving from Brooklyn, NY to SFGA on Sunday, October 11th and wanted to know the following:

-What time does the park open?

-What time should I leave Brooklyn, NY?

-Are crowds light or heavy?

-When should I do the following rides?: Kingda Ka, El Toro, Superman, Great American Scream Machine, Nitro, Bizarro, The Dark Knight, Batman

-Where should I eat?

-Where can I get the ghoul repellant whistle for my cousin?

-Are there fireworks?

-Where are the haunted trails located?

Thanks for all of your help! :)

Let's see...I can answer a most of those (although the time it takes to get tot he park from Brooklyn, I don't know).

The theme park opens at 10:30 (although the gates open around 10 and let people into the fountain area)

The Safari park opens at 9:00 if you're interested in doing that, and is only open until 4:00.

Crowds are hard to judge. If the weather is good it may be very crowded since it's Columbus Day weekend.

The order of the rides is hard to judge (maybe someone else can assist).

Eating at Best of the West, Johnny Rockets, Papa John's or Nathan's are probably the best bets, but Panda Express, Mama Flora's are good too.

The whistles are only available after 5:00 and are distributed at Guest Relations and at the Security booths throughout the park.

The fireworks are done for the season (they finally did the last show on Sunday).

Both haunt trails are located on the end of the park with Nitro and Batman. The Demented Forest is where the Rapids line is during the summer, and the Asylum is in the old Chiller location.

Have fun!

-When should I do the following rides?: Kingda Ka, El Toro, Superman, Great American Scream Machine, Nitro, Bizarro, The Dark Knight, Batman

Judging on the way the crowds go, if you go on a nice day EVERYTHING will be crowded, but some will be less croded then other. I suggest the following plan-

1.Kingda Ka-if it's open, crowds or not, it'll be a LONG wait!

2.El Toro

3.Bizzaro

4.Nitro

(All four are EXTREMELY popular based on the way lines move and capacity, follow this order. Kingda Ka and El Toro have a lower capacity nd massive crowds, so if you go on a crowded day, GOOD LUCK!)

5.Batman the Ride

6.Superman Ultimate Flight-I suggest you ride it, but you won't miss much if you skip it

7.Great American Scream Machine

8.Dark Knight

Edited by warnerleroy

Yeah it is nowhere near $16, and if it is like last year, they raised the prices of Flashpass for Frightfest.

Here were the prices last year for Frightfest,

"Regular

1 person - $45

2 people - $74

3 people - $103

4 people - $132

5 people = $161

6 people - $190

Gold

1 person - $90

2 people - $144

3 people - $198

4 people - $256 (I can't read the last number but it looks like a 6, I took a picture of the price list with my phone)

5 people = $306

6 people - $360"

Edited by Yoshi

well according to the parks training dept, there 16 for individuals and 22 for 2 people, that's what we were told yesterday, ill have to find out for sure tomorrow

U work at Six Flags GA? And yes, please find out! I'll definitely get them if they're that cheap!