VOTE NOW FOR ALL YOUR FAVORITES FROM G.A. 2023 ×

Great Adventure Plans to Expand to Year-Round Resort

I remember reading a similar article in the Philly paper, I think this might have even been on the local news like 6 ABC. But I remember my Dad saying it was a pipe dream to extend GAdv to be year round since our winters are too harsh for that. Back in 04 their were rumors for a hotel near KK.

Edited by The Master

That wasn't a rumor...they got approval to build it and never began construction.

The idea of the theme park being open all year would be a stretch, but I believe the plan at the time was to build a separate "entertainment district" along the lines of a Downtown Disney or Universal Citywalk. Something with shopping, entertainment, restaurants and other attractions that could be open all year along with hotels and conference facilities.

People wondered how the Outlets would do over the winter too, and they seem to draw crowds all year with just shopping. Imagine if they had built a full size IMAX theater along with a large multiplex. At the time there were very few IMAX theaters around and people would drive a long way to get to one. Even the huge mutliplexes were rare 15 years ago.

I would not know since I only go there once a year if that. Unlike many members here I have to drive from the south, north toward GAdv and so I would have to drive past the park to get to the Outlet Mall.

• 4 months later...