VOTE NOW FOR ALL YOUR FAVORITES FROM G.A. 2023 ×

Flyin Phil's Off-Season 2009-2010 Flyovers

GAcoaster

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 months later...

Here's my latest "Mega-Picture-BLOG-Update" of Hurricane Harbor's TORNADO attraction from Saturday, May 22, 2010, plus some other photos of the theme park and surrounding areas of interest...Check it out HERE !!!

Enjoy ;)

Those are really nice photos Phil! You are the best! :)

Thanks for including pictures of the boneyard. It appears that the boats and seaplanes that were removed from Looney Tunes Seaport made it into there, but the Lady Bugs (Bugaboo) from Balin's Jungleland seem to be MIA.

I like the placement of the Tornado. That area of the park always appeared to be too spacious with the grassy field on one side and the volleyball beach on the other. It looks impressive with all those slides side by side.

The lines don't look too bad for how many cars and buses are in the lot. Bizarro appears to only be on the stairs and Nitro looks like it isn't into the switchbacks.

Thanks for the great photos, Phil!

One question: the blue tubes in the lazy river are all rental tubes, right? And the orange ones are the wave pool rentals? Assuming that's true, it looks like the lazy river tube situation will be even worse this year than last, with the free clear tubes extremely few and far between. There are practically NONE in that traffic jam!

Thanks for the great photos, Phil!

One question: the blue tubes in the lazy river are all rental tubes, right? And the orange ones are the wave pool rentals? Assuming that's true, it looks like the lazy river tube situation will be even worse this year than last, with the free clear tubes extremely few and far between. There are practically NONE in that traffic jam!

Sadly it looks like SF is going try to force people to rent tubes even more this year. That kind of tactic can really backfire by pissing of repeat customers.

Sadly it looks like SF is going try to force people to rent tubes even more this year. That kind of tactic can really backfire by pissing of repeat customers.

Yes, it can. But since most guest visit only one time a year, I don't think it matters much. That combined with the fact that repeat customers (AKA cheap season pass holders) don't spend money on much in the park, it's a way to actually make some money. When they are practically giving away season passes that include HH, they need to make some money somewhere.

If I had to guess, they were simply placing the tubes (all colors - blue, orange, etc) in the lazy river as they were inflating them and probably didn't get to the clear ones yet when the photo was taken. After all, there is no reason for orange wave pool tubes to be in there, and the blue rental tubes are handed out at the time of purchase so those shouldn't be in there either. It appears it was just a good place to store the already inflated tubes during the off season.

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_EvGp-DNs3yQ/S_ht.../s1600/0018.jpg

^ I wish that were true but I'm sorry to say that I don't think it is. If you look at the picture you can see a handful of clear tubes scattered among the blue ones, maybe one for every 50 blue tubes, and they seem to be about as many as they've had in the river the past few years (read: VERY FEW). And what an absurd amount of rental tubes. Have they ever rented out even one fourth of those tubes on their very busiest day? I doubt it, and it's insulting that they spent so much on buying so many tubes when they leave their paying guests to fend without them in the river.

Keep in mind also that this from a week before the park opened. Even once the park opens, things like that change as necessary. Maybe the manufacturer has had a delay in getting certain colors of tubes out? Until HH is open full time it's impossible to say what may or may not be the status quo for this season.

Until HH is open full time it's impossible to say what may or may not be the status quo for this season.

Hopefully it won't be a repeat of last year's status quo.

All I can tell you is now the park is being treated more like a separate entity and they are trying to grow the business. If you don't like the way things are run then you need to voice that to Guest Relations and HH management. I know the top 2 guys at HH pretty well, and they are always listening to guests opinions and looking for ways to improve. Sometimes they need the weight of guest feedback to justify changes and expenditures to their bosses at corporate. Complaining on the internet doesn't do a lot, but providing written feedback goes a LONG way. That's why we saw the rides in Balin's come back last season after being removed for a couple of weeks. When guests make their opinions heard it often ends up with action.