VOTE NOW FOR ALL YOUR FAVORITES FROM G.A. 2023 ×

Day 5- Upgrades to the Wild Safari

The sign shop did such an AMAZING job on sprucing up the Safari section signs, and it would be great if the could create a really impressive portal for the Safari entrance gates to match.

Also, updating the radio system and the recording for the Safari narration would be a great idea too.

Funny that during my visit to the park this past season, alot of the Wardens in the Safari were amazed at all the trees that used to be in the Safari. I am glad to see the African Plains , third section has pipe around alot of the trees. The giraffe's are the ones that do the most damage in that section. I know that the lake in the elephant section was almost invisible to the road at first except at the curve. It was full of brush and undergrowth, but once I let the elephants out in the spring of 74 to train them to go out and back to the paddock/barn, they did alot of eating! I am glad that they do have some grass in their wired in part but I would like to see more of the large rocks that we had for them to scratch and play on. They girls and Rip are all getting close to 40 yrs old so they don't play like they did when I was there with them. I had a large load of dirt hauled in as they do when they move dirt for the rides and use it in the Safari for them to play in. Elephants like to take dust baths right after a swim and they do love to swim. :D

I failed to mention why the Wardens were amazed about the trees, it was because they saw my videos there at the Animal Care Center. I wish more of them would find this site and keep us updated on things. I feel there needs to be more communication between the two orginal parks of Great Adventure.

• 6 months later...

They update the audio every couple of years as the animals are moved and changed.

Here's the CD, which is also an interactive disc for your computer with information and images:

gallery_1_505_210012.jpg

I'm so glad to see it, but it took over the spot for our book... :(

• 4 weeks later...

To be honest I really do like the idea of the cd, especially with the interactivity element. Not only does it allow for patrons of the Safari to hear what they might not be able to on the radio, or might not even know about in the first place, but it keeps the interest at home if they pop it into their computer to take a look at what else is on it!