VOTE NOW FOR ALL YOUR FAVORITES FROM G.A. 2023 ×

Day 9- Refurbish the Hurricane Harbor Theme Elements

• 2 weeks later...

The weather has really taken its toll on the Hurricane Harbor theme elements, and they need some TLC. Hurricane Harbor had so much detail when it was built but time has taken its toll. Replacing the thatched roofs with metal helped, but there's still more work that needs to be done.

Hurricane Harbor is one of the best themed water parks I've been to. Way beyond Soak City, SplashWorld, Ocean Oasis, and Raging Waters. It is almost as good as Busch's Water Country USA. I had so much fun there and with the addition of Tornado my day can be extended.

That being said, the theme elements are fine to me and I'm a very picky person. Everything seems so clean and neatly placed. A few more props here and there wouldn't hurt though but to the average guest Hurricane Harbor is amazing.

• 4 months later...

This example is extreme, but it is amazing how the elements take there toll on things. Hopefully some of these great themed elements will return. These are the things that help tell the story of Hurricane Harbor and make it seem like a living village. A "Theme Water Park" is so much nicer than just an "Amusement Water Park".

Before (2003):

gallery_2_43_547749.jpg

Believe it or not it appears that everything was still there last summer. The sign is face down and fragments of all the other props are present.

After (2009):

gallery_2_43_1387763.jpg