VOTE NOW FOR ALL YOUR FAVORITES FROM G.A. 2023 ×

Day 11- Repair and Reconfigure the Parking Lot

• 2 weeks later...

I cant imagine the park spending that kind of money on repaving the parking lot, blacktop is extremly expensive and i think the park would rather spend money on attractions rather than a parking lot, but its a good wish, just one i dont think we will see come true anytime soon

Since the management keeps wanting to expand the park into the parking lot year after year, pehaps they should consider a mult-level garage like Universal? Yes it's very costly - but it's permanent and would free up a ton of property for expansion. And DEFINITELY bring back the trams!!! The current configuration is horrific and is an accident waiting to happen because you have "old timers" who remember the old "flow" combined with the lack of parking lot attendees to usher traffic, the rush of foot traffic after fireworks - it's MAYHEM!!!

^I think a parking garage is a horrible idea. It would worsen the already horrible traffic leaving the park at closing time. If anything, the park should build direct access to 195 that it had at one time planned, that would allow another route to exit the park other than just 537.

• 7 months later...

I think I have just accepted that the parking lot is what it is and it won't be changing anytime in the near future. When Kristi and I go (it' been a little while now :( ) we have found a very quick and painless way to exit when it is time to leave. Whether that still there or not remains to be seen, however I think of all the parks issues, this one which unfortunately probably won't get much attention anytime soon.

• 3 months later...