VOTE NOW FOR ALL YOUR FAVORITES FROM G.A. 2023 ×

Day 16- Refurbish and Add Lighting to the Fort

LakeFront could use some lighting as well.

It would also be incredible if they were able to open the upper walkways for guests to use as obsevation decks as originally planned.

Someone made a great point on why this wouldn't be a good idea over at GadvOnline. Since Gadv is located right inbetween New York and Philly, the crowd that comes into the park isn't the best. A secreative spot where these people can smoke, drink, drop things on guest/water just would not be great. However, if security was increased up here I think it could work. Got that Dustin? Lol. Time will tell though.

That picture with the lights is amazing. It makes our classic structures stick out. This is a great wish.

^ People unfortunately will always find a spot to do those things. If properly enclosed with some sort of mesh and with some security cameras installed, the observation decks could be done. The biggest hurdle would be proper access for handicap guests and evacuation routes.

I have seen pretty much EVERYWHERE in that Fort,and I will tell you that it would cost ALOT of money to add an observation kind of place into/onto it.Plus there wouldn't really be a way for people to get up there since Cables uses it very much,I don't know about the Mine Train one though.

But I agree on lighting,the fort could use some on the front where the water is.

I thought that Warner LeRoy never finished the upper decks because of safety hazards. I'm not say its a bad idea, because it a great idea, but I wouldn't want guests being put into risk. Anyway, if they could find a way to do that there'd have to be a no food or drink policy. But, I'd like to see the lighting brought back, as well as some of the wood replaced. If you look at the wood while waiting in line for the Skyway you notice that they just used more wood to cover up rotting wood, which also seems like a hazard..... either way, I hope this happens.

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...