VOTE NOW FOR ALL YOUR FAVORITES FROM G.A. 2023 ×

Ride signs

gafreak

^ These are two of the thousands of pictures we scanned for the park! Both were wide angle views but I zoomed in on the signs to capture photos of those as well.

The Log Flume sign photo was from July 1978. The sign lasted until about 1985 when the ride went sign-less for a season of two. A new sign was added in 1988 (see below) and after several repaints still exists today.

gallery_2_43_1155084.jpg

The one of Rolling Thunder was taken in 1990 and that sign lasted from 1979 to 1994. In 1995 it was replaced with wooden letters on the same billboard-type upright. It was removed after the 2005 season for the construction of El Toro.

We have a major feature planned on all the signs of Great Adventure coming soon!

Man i would love to have the old rolling thunder sign, it was a little chessey but reminds me of being a kid! I really liked the old log flume sign, i thought it was neet how it was similar to the boats! Heres a couple of othere sign i think are cool

gallery_154_472_68915.jpg

gallery_154_472_18847.jpg

I *LOVED* the "Rolling Thunder" sign as a kid! I fondly remember the lightning flash and the two comets (?) lighting up from tail to head. That ride used to pack a crowd in the 80's. Man, I would love to see a full GCI rehab and some Millennium Flyer rolling stock (at least either fin or magnetic breaks replacing the skids and greased tracks).

Yeah...2 rolls of slide film and a roll of black and white (which hasn't come back yet). I took a bunch of pictures around the park with my 35mm SLR. There's a bunch of pictures of show facilities at the time and lots of Bugs Bunny's 50th Birthday banners and stuff too. I was pretty impressed with my photographic skills from 20 years ago!