VOTE NOW FOR ALL YOUR FAVORITES FROM G.A. 2023 ×

Snow closings.

The Master

I was wondering if anybody knows if GAdv has ever opened with significant snow on the ground, and/or closed early or not open because of snow? With all the years I have been going to GAdv I don't recall either ever happening, but I have seen the park closed because of heavy rain, lightning, etc.

The closest the park came to delaying a season opener was in 1982 when we had a snow storm a couple of days before the start of the season. Luckily it warmed (and rained) and the snow cleared out before the gates opened.

I don't know of a day when the park closed because of snow, but on April 5th 2004 the park only opened for about an hour because of bitter cold temperatures and icing conditions!

gallery_2_7_297336.jpg

gallery_2_7_141832.jpg

gallery_2_7_179818.jpg

Every couple of years there's that one last snowfall of the season (usually the first week of April) and the park is closed for a day but the snow always melts off the next day and everythign is back to normal. Yesterday SFOT was closed for snow, but was scheduled to be open today and Monday after their freak snowstorm.

• 2 weeks later...