VOTE NOW FOR ALL YOUR FAVORITES FROM G.A. 2023 ×

What removed non-ride do you miss the most?

I wish the park would reintroduce these or at least consider incorporating stage lighting. Dark areas of the park are more foreboding than inviting, and ruin the idea of a "safe and clean" park in my opinion.

Yeah, I agree on that completely, especially with all the new technology available. All the buildings should have really good lighting on the exteriors (especially Yum Yum), and it would be great to just add up lighting into the trees around the park. It's very effective when they do that for Fright Fest, why not the rest of the season?

I'd love to see the buildings lit like Islands of Adventure. Everything is lit up like a set to highlight the architecture:

IOA%200105%20541.jpg

IOA%200105%20524.jpg

IOA%200105%20464.jpg

What kind of music did they play?

Along the lakefront they played traditional sea chanteys and in the four tents area/boardwalk they played ragtime music. The soundtracks enhanced the atmosphere rather than making it all generic "Teen fun land". At least PdC and GK still have their themed music playing.

I also miss the Premier Parks theming initiatives. Granted, sometimes they have produced some stinkers (The "Nitro" station and Magic Mountain's "Scream" come to mind). However, when they took the time to theme a section; they went all out. Time Warner made great efforts with "Batman The Ride", The "Skull Mountain" Facade & queue, "Batman & Robin: The Chiller". Premier Parks just took it to the next level with Hurricane Harbor New Jersey, "The Golden Kingdom", "Plaza de Carnivale", and the "Looney Tunes" Sections. Had Premier not lost their proxy fight, I wonder what Great Adventure would look like today?

Along the lakefront they played traditional sea chanteys and in the four tents area/boardwalk they played ragtime music. The soundtracks enhanced the atmosphere rather than making it all generic "Teen fun land". At least PdC and GK still have their themed music playing.

I personally miss the "Frontier Adventures" western themed music. It never should have been replaced by modern "country" fare. The section loses that "old west" feeling largely because of it.

Had Premier not lost their proxy fight, I wonder what Great Adventure would look like today?

I keep wondering the same thing. The "5-year plan" to renew the park would have been done now. I can only imagine the changes, but I am glad they didn't build the hotel where they planned to build it. There are better spots for it on property.