VOTE NOW FOR ALL YOUR FAVORITES FROM G.A. 2023 ×

Trip Report May 1st

warnerleroy

Nothing much went on except a cheerleading/dance/music competition, but at the beginning of the day, the park was DESERTED, even El Toro was a walk on, but by the end of the day, lines got "normal", but then, things got scary! Most of the major rides broke down, with people on them! I don't know what happened on log flume, but it was stopped DRY with cars at all different places, with one even at the very top at the drop :o parachutes got stuck 1/2 way up, Superman to my knowledge was broken down all day and a few other flats were broken down, but those were the main ones. Before that, it actually was a good day, but when I saw the parachutes get stuck, I had a feeling I should go :mellow:

It's not uncommon for the parachutes to stop like that...it takes a couple of minutes to get things restarted sometimes.

SF was running fine when we went there. We rode twice with no problems.

Nothing broke down that I saw and I was there all day. Flume had a shutdown for a couple of hours, but it reopened and was running fine.

The only ride stops I saw all day were the Flume and Rolling Thunder and both of those were temporary. Everything else was running with the exceptions of Houdini, Rapids and Splashwater Oasis (and the outside track of RT). Even the Skyride was running both sides!

I mentioned in my last report that it was open. I think the problem is that at least early in the season it has been closed a lot. That was my 6th trip to the park this year last week and it was only the 2nd time this season I saw it operating. It's one of my favorite non coaster rides in the park and so much more fun than walking from one end of the park to another (not to mention a time saver when the line is short) so it is always a shame to see it closed especially if it isn't because of high winds.

^ This sounds odd but I would actually say no. I've seen lots of very busy days at the park with only one side open, and plenty of less crowded days with both sides. If it's a Saturday in July or something, then you know the place will be packed, but in my opinion, on a less predictable day there are better indicators of crowds (like Superman's line, for one) than the Skyride.

^ This sounds odd but I would actually say no. I've seen lots of very busy days at the park with only one side open, and plenty of less crowded days with both sides. If it's a Saturday in July or something, then you know the place will be packed, but in my opinion, on a less predictable day there are better indicators of crowds (like Superman's line, for one) than the Skyride.

Superman is a good gauge for indicating how crowded the park is going to be and it is the only ride line you can se from the parking lot.