VOTE NOW FOR ALL YOUR FAVORITES FROM G.A. 2023 ×

GA Souvenir Pennies

29yrswithaGApass

Only because I think I don't collect enough stuff already :rolleyes:, I decided to round up the smashed souvenir pennies that can be found throughout the park. I always passed by the machines and never gave them a second thought. Then I spotted the Viper , Chiller, and Medusa pennies and that started the ball rolling.

I've located twelve machines including one in the Safari Exploration Station. That's 36 smashed pennies at 51 cents each or $18.36 for the complete set. It has become a quest to get them all. As a result of running out of change or encountering a jammed machine, I have about 29 of them so far. I may have overlooked a machine or two, so the hunt continues!

Anyone else want to admit collecting mutalited coins? :P

gallery_2_28_103600.jpg

gallery_2_28_150392.jpg

gallery_2_28_147612.jpg

gallery_2_28_201782.jpg

gallery_2_28_70856.jpg

gallery_2_28_101225.jpg

gallery_2_28_297709.jpg

gallery_2_28_86675.jpg

gallery_2_28_84190.jpg

gallery_2_28_347776.jpg

gallery_2_28_123189.jpg

gallery_2_28_132725.jpg

I've always collected them from parks. They are the perfect souvenir since they are small and cheap!

I know I got my first squished penny at the Statue of Liberty on a grade school trip and I thought it was a great thing. Since then I collect them anywhere I find an interesting penny machine. The ones in rest areas can be unique.

It's amazing how much money parks make from these machines. A lot of people collect them. It's an easy way to make money and is a completely voluntary expenditure, unlike increasing food or admission prices.

I'm not sure I care for the unattractive machines scattered all over the park, however. There are certain places, such as the games area, where they are not that obtrusive. However, looking at those pictures, some of them have been placed in awkward locations.

harry did you get the one by the wii experince? also theres one over by nitro, my son likes to get them so every trip he gets a new one, only problem with a 5 year old is ass soon as he gets home there lost! oh well one day they will be reserrected i guess

Yep, I hit those two machines!

I have added close-ups of penny placards found at the top of the machines to the Souvenir Penny Machines album. One of the machine didn't have the illustration so the three penny images from the machine were included. Below is an example from the machine lcoated near the tents.

gallery_2_28_163351.jpg

• 1 year later...
  • 5 years later...