VOTE NOW FOR ALL YOUR FAVORITES FROM G.A. 2023 ×

Day 19- Expanded Food Selections

Our wish for day 19:

FoodDay19.gif

A larger variety of food choices. Too many of the restaurants in the park have pretty much the same menu...hamburgers, fries, hot dogs...there used to be a much wider variety of food available in the park, and many parks offer a wider variety of choices than GA does.

Back in the 80s, the park had a seafood restaurant complete with lobsters and a live lobster tank. :lobster:

Given the price of pizza, I wonder what a lobster would cost at the park today. :smile$: :smile$: :smile$:

Pictured below: The very popular Seafood House restaurant on the current site of Panda Express.

gallery_2_212_105780.jpg

i try to avoid buying food at the park actually, for 2 reasons, the cost and like this forum is about, the variety, if i eat at the park its at best of the west or momma floras cucina, and i have a ritual , i cant leave the park without a waffle cone ice cream, and since they put all the fake cold stones and ben and jerrys theres only one, at the front gate.

Several parks are now offering buffets as a dining option. Cedar Point, Kings Island, and Dollywood are three of the parks that I visited this past summer that featured buffet-style meals. They were surprisingly organized and economical.

Great Adventure offers Brunch with Bugs, but that is a character lunch that is only offered for one hour each day. I wouldn't be surprised to see a buffet at a Six Flags park near you sometime soon.

• 3 weeks later...

When I was at SFStL they also had just opened a new Mooseburger Lodge of their own. My mom talks about the old seafood place that used to be near Skull Mountain where Panda Express is now. SFGAdv has better coasters now but in many other ways the park used to be nicer years ago.

Edited by The Master

• 5 weeks later...

A bigger food variety would certainly be nice. It does get frustrating to walk from Nitro over to the Boardwalk and see the majority of the same stuff being sold to eat there. And with the prices and limited variety I too have begun to stay away from eating inside the park and instead we tend to keep a sub or something like that in a cooler in the car and just take a midday break to relax outside the park and eat.