11 members have voted

1. 1. Favorite Theme Park Halloween event

• Disney-Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party
    • Universal-Halloween Horror Nights
    • Busch-Howl-o-Scream
    • Cedar Fair-The Haunt
    • Six Flags-FrightFest
    • other

Amazing atmosphere, almost a dozen haunts (all included with admission), Halloween shows that put other theme park's full season shows to shame even though they only run 6 weeks, seasonal food offerings (pumpkin cheesecake, etc). They just really do it right and they're always fully staffed and running at capacity despite being in the shoulder season.

I've been goign to Howl-O-Scream at BGW since 2000 and every year it gets better and better!

I have only been to Frightfest at Great Adventure, Haunt at Dorney and Hersheypark in the Dark (which I don't think counts since other than decorations and trick or treating for kids they don't have anything Halloween related going on). Of those I have to go with Haunt. There are 11 mazes and walkthroughs and scare actors walking around the park and a bunch of shows.

I voted for the Haunt, HHN has better houses but it is so crowded and has so much drinking now that it's knocked down many pegs. Sadly FF is just about a joke except for Dead Man's Party.

Edited by The Master

I didn't cast a vote because I haven't experienced all of them that are listed. I went to Dorney Park's Haunt this year for the first time and it just blows Fright Fest out of the water. The entire park has decorations, the lights have red gels over them so the park is bathed in eerie darkness, there are 11 trails and mazes INCLUDED with admission and there are actors and fog all over the park. They make great use of their facilities and really know how to pull of the concept of a Scream Park, and for the price they charge, it was well worth it.

I voted Fright Fest because when I go to Halloween Events I want to be terrified (as of this year)! Normally, I'd say something scarier but I haven't been to Busch or Universal for their Haunt attractions. Other than that, Disney does a fantastic job with Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party with their lighting, decorations, and overall festivity. So, that would be second place for me. I'd say if you're looking for more of a party with good food and music, go for Disney, hands down! :Jack2: