VOTE NOW FOR ALL YOUR FAVORITES FROM G.A. 2023 ×

Character Meet and Greet Garden

I usually like anything Great Adventure, but there are a couple of things that I dislike. In the past, I have often expressed how much I despise the Paint Ball Building. Another thing that gets me are the misplaced yellow character greeting stands that block the shuttered shop near the fountain and seem to stick out like sore thumbs in the Golden Kingdom and to a lesser extent near the Big Wheel.

The other day I was checking out some photos I took several years ago of Hong Kong Disneyland. One of their unique attractions is Fantasy Gardens- a collection of character meet and greet stands in Fantasyland (pictures below). I wish Great Adventure would do something like this and remove those God-awful character stations. If they built several of them in a cluster (for Looney Tunes, Mr. Six, Batman, WonderWoman, etc) they could even promote it on the maps as an "attraction".

I wouldn't even mind seeing it built on the site of the Paint Ball Building!

DSC00127.jpg

IMG_0431.jpg

IMG_0437.jpg

IMG_0436.jpg

IMG_0435.jpg

IMG_0434.jpg

IMG_0433.jpg

I know they meant well with those yellow metal meet and greet structures, having an identifiable place where everyone could easily find the characters, but they really are obtrusive and misplaced. They have them in all the parks, in places they just do not fit, like in front of the store at GA and in the Golden Kingdom. Bright yellow metal poles look way out of place in the western areas at other parks also.

They don't really seem to help a whole lot either. Every time I pass one there are 2 characters talking to each other because noone wants to see them. They have too many comic book characters and too few cartoon characters. Children do not want to see superheros, and teens and adults that like superheros do not want to meet and greet them.

• 1 year later...

Now that Seaport is half of what it used to be, they could put a bunch of stock gazebos (painted in bright colors) on the empty ride pads there...

I like..and for the kicker...build a stage in the old Water Stunt show and have the whole bugs bunny dance show thing there...Just a thought...