VOTE NOW FOR ALL YOUR FAVORITES FROM G.A. 2023 ×

What could SFGAdv use in the coming years?

SFGAdv10

Here's what I THINK will happen:

In the next few years, we'll see a GCI wooden roller coaster come to the park, hopefully on the opposite side of the park from El Toro.

Skull Mountain is going to be the next existing roller coaster to be replaced. For 2012, The Dark Knight might see some rehab and updates to make it suitable for the new movie, but in the longer run I wouldn't be surprised to see it replaced with an interactive dark-ride (If this happens, it'll be at least six or seven years into the future).

In general, I feel like the park will go on a steady uprise. Now that we have our fill on roller coasters (with the addition of Green Lantern), the park can start to focus on other aspects of itself, like flats, shows, etc.

I agree. They could put some flats like a Zamperla Hawk 48 model in the coming years. I have seen these rides poping up more and more latley and if SFGAdv gets one the whole Six Flags chain may have one(Not including Discovery Kingdom they already have one). The GCI woodie may be good. It could have the Evel Knievel theme like Six Flags St. Louis does. It would be even better if it would be built by the Gravity Group. That would make Great Adventure that much better. It should be like Voyage and Hades. That would be pretty awesome! :banana2:

In the next few years, we'll see a GCI wooden roller coaster come to the park, hopefully on the opposite side of the park from El Toro.

Skull Mountain is going to be the next existing roller coaster to be replaced. For 2012, The Dark Knight might see some rehab and updates to make it suitable for the new movie, but in the longer run I wouldn't be surprised to see it replaced with an interactive dark-ride (If this happens, it'll be at least six or seven years into the future).

In general, I feel like the park will go on a steady uprise. Now that we have our fill on roller coasters (with the addition of Green Lantern), the park can start to focus on other aspects of itself, like flats, shows, etc.

That's what people were saying 5 years ago what would have happened by now but hasn't. I think at best GADV might reopen a few SBNO rides and get a couple of used rides over the next 5 years.

Edited by The Master

What I'd Like to See:

A Wind Farm is some of the Unused Property

A Hotel Somewhere

A Couple More Attractions added to Hurricane Harbor (Flow Rider, Bowl Slide, Racing Mat Slides, Deluge Water Coaster, Etc.)

New Simulator to Replace Old Simulator

Removal of 1 of the Kids Areas

Totally Revamped Movie Town (Maybe Rename it DC Comics Adventures or Something)

1-2 Water Attractions to make up the Loss of Riptide/Movie Town Water Effect

A Couple of Flat Rides added throughout the Park

Superman being Re-Themed

Drop Tower somewhere (Or Parachute Drop becoming a Drop Tower)

What I'd Like to See:

A Wind Farm is some of the Unused Property

A Hotel Somewhere

A Couple More Attractions added to Hurricane Harbor (Flow Rider, Bowl Slide, Racing Mat Slides, Deluge Water Coaster, Etc.)

New Simulator to Replace Old Simulator

Removal of 1 of the Kids Areas

Totally Revamped Movie Town (Maybe Rename it DC Comics Adventures or Something)

1-2 Water Attractions to make up the Loss of Riptide/Movie Town Water Effect

A Couple of Flat Rides added throughout the Park

Superman being Re-Themed

Drop Tower somewhere (Or Parachute Drop becoming a Drop Tower)

How would they turn Parachutes into a drop tower, is that even possible.

I rather they kept the parachutes and build a drop tower somewhere else in the park. But I doubt GADV will be getting anything that within 5 years at least.

In my view GADV could stand a drop tower, a claw, a new splash down, a new wave swinger, rebuilt sim theater, and some other family flats.

Edited by The Master

Well I do know SFGA doesn't need another kiddie area but I do know that we need more flat rides. The coasters are cool, but I'd like to see a better selection of flat rides(as in the ones you don't have to pay an extra fee for.) because not only do they give you something else to ride when you don't want to ride the coasters, they shorten the lines for them!

• 3 weeks later...

I want to see a new enterprise in the park. Also one of those Intamin flipping pirate ships relocated from another park. I know everyone wants a drop tower so SFGAdv should get an S&S Space Shot or a Triple Tower like Scream! at SFNE and SFFT. I think the park needs to navigate away from coasters and focus on flats. Even reopening Tango can help. I know there is a simulator behind Eruption that was closed all season for midifications or something but I hope they take it down completly and build a Huss Giant Frisbee back there.

How would they turn Parachutes into a drop tower, is that even possible.

I think Intamin could do just that:the Parachutes tower pulls "double duty"-the parachutes part stays for the kids,but the "drop tower" is built along the main spine(basically Intamin could put 4-seater sections along the tower).

And how about a topple tower in Giant Teepee's old spot and a suspended flying carpet from Zierer?

• 3 months later...

Oh, I certainly hope Skull Mountain isn't replaced next! It's one of the most distinctive features in the park for me and its replacement would feel like an absolute loss. However, I agree with the remainder of your predictions and hopes for 2011.

They both have their + and - .

SkyScreamer: A starflyer is scarier as the chains for the ride are able to twist and turn, and at high altitudes. But the chains are also their downfall. starflyers can't run in a wide range of winds and weather, which is bad for parks and their publicity. If guests show up on a windy day and the new ride isn't open, they get mad.

Windseeker: The mechanical arms are great for parks as they allow the ride to operate in more conditions. But, they also don't allow for any movement, which just makes the ride a slightly tilted carousel in the air, which makes it a boring ride, and also bad publicity for the park as a bad new ride is terrible for the park's credibility when it comes to advertising new attractions

• 2 months later...

I actually have a feeling that there may be a consideration for the chiller to be reopened. I am sure that everyone has noticed the observatory and the old station and exit ramp still there, right? And, while going up Nitro in late June of this year, I saw the original sign that is at the beginning of the queue line (http://profile.ak.fb...8_7994678_q.jpg ) in one piece and looked like it has just been removed the day before. If the ride was scrapped like everyone was saying, then why would they CAREFULLY dismantle the ride, but leave the station/exit, and observatory there? And, if the ride was scrapped, wouldn't they have gotten rid of the sign? It is only a little piece of wood or metal or whatever it is, and if the ride was scrapped, wouldn't the park have gotten rid of it? And, while on the same ride on Nitro, I saw what I believed to be a train from the :batman: side of the ride... it probably wasn't, but it looked A LOT like it..

Just pointing out some facts...:sodaspray:

Edited by chillerrocked