VOTE NOW FOR ALL YOUR FAVORITES FROM G.A. 2023 ×

What could SFGAdv use in the coming years?

SFGAdv10

Alright. Stop. I'm bursting your bubble. Chiller is NOT ever going to see the light of Day In Six Flags Great Adventure EVER again. The station is there because Under Mark Shapiro, there was supposed to be a dual tracked family roller coaster going in there but plans changed and were never revitalized. The Observatory is still there because it was used as Professor Keeney's Exploratorium in '09. That whole building was renovated and there is no way that track can go through that building without a huge down-grade from what it currently is. The Sign for the ride has been taken down and is in a back stage area. Al of the old things go back there. Heck, half of the ride signs from "The War on Lines" are in there and a lot of ride vehicles. There is absolutely no way that you saw the Batman train from the Chiller because it was painted red in 2006 so that Six Flags could still run chiller without it being closed waiting for train replacements. It was painted because something went wrong with the red train so they used the black one because it was working and not being used because The Batman side hasn't run in avery long time. They Carefully dismantled Chiller so they could sell it, which they did to a park in Europe but they abandoned the project due to the high amount of maintenance and refurbishment the Chiller would need. In conclusion, Batman and Robin: The Chiller will NEVER return to Six Flags Great Adventure.

A quick rundown of things that the park needs:

1) Drop Tower/Starflyer- I'll take either of these, a large tower ride would be a perfect addition in Evolution's old spot or the Teepee's open space.

2)Giant Flume/Splash Battle-With the death of MTWE, we only have two water rides and you're not even guaranteed to get wet on them. Perfect areas for these would be the Boardwalk in the Simulator buidling spot or over by the Lakefront.

3) Mid-range flats (Frisbee, Disk-O, Claw, Double Inverter, Monster, Breakdance, Musik Express, Bumper Cars)- Fill in the gaps around the park, we need things that the entire family can go on together.

4) Dark ride- We really need a top notch dark ride somewhere in the park. Think along the lines of DarKastle or Spiderman even.

5) Interactive ride- Not to be confused with the dark ride, but having just got back from WDW and loving Toy Story Mania, a ride in which the entire family can go on and have a blast would be fantastic.

6) Less concrete- The park has become a bit of a concrete jungle over the past 15 years or so, it's time to rip up some of that old/cracked concrete and get more planters/trees around the park.

7) Ride refurbs/theme refurbs-A lot of things have been neglected in the park such as Congo Rapids and Movietown. Some dressing up and repairs can make the park more of an experience than a day trip. If you can go in and make rides have an interactive queue or even just a cohesive theme while waiting in line, it makes for an awesome experience and themed experiences do bring people back and they bring all of their friends and family to the park saying "You have to experience this!"

8) Shows!- The park is severely lacking in the Entertainment department. There are three unoccupied show venues that could draw in more families to the park (not to mention concession revenue). A new Batman show based on the new movies would generate great reception; A new show such as Industrial motion would play great on hot days in Showcase; A nighttime show at the lakefront comparable to Fantasmic would keep families and guests in the park all the way until closing.

9) A transportation system around all 3 parks- The park needs to invest in a better tram/shuttle system, or even a monorail :P

10) A unified park- I've heard it's possible to relocate all of those slides in Hurricane Harbor to the main park and not break the bank. If Harbor could be moved into the park, you can have a unified gate price. Create a Safari themed entrance from the park with open air buses and you have can have a SuperPark one your hands.

11)A revamped Fright Fest- Use the closed Hurricane Harbor to your advantage, make it into a Scream Park and move the giant crowds/lines out of the main park. Keep the scare zones, but move the trails to the Harbor. It could make for a hell of an experience. Also, utilize empty buildings in the park like they did with the Observatory. A cool indoor maze could be put into the old Wii Experience space

12) A hotel- the final puzzle piece that is really needed. A world class hotel with a small indoor waterpark for the offseason could bring in more crowds and even allow for a Holiday in the park event. Build a convention center along with it to draw in all types of events and business. A hotel could open the door to the whole area becoming more than just an amusement park, but a whole entertainment complex.

4 Things to Add/Improve:

1- Add More Lockers in Fronter Adventures (Like Near Bizarro/ Runaway Mine Train)

2- Relocate the Flash-Pass Building Closer to the Entrance

3- Open the Pathway to go from Main Street to MovieTown

4- Add a Giant Sign In front of the Entrance of the Park that Says "ENTRANCE"

If Great Adventure did #3 and #4 this year; I Could've Gotten on Nitro.

Edited by Coaster Justin

I like the idea that someone had with the jumbo tron, the park runs only advertisements on it. I think if they made an estimated wait time screen that would be cool. Hhowever Ii do not know how the sign is configured. It may not be tied into the backstage computers and have to be manually updated from the sign itself, but a sign by the fountian with all the estimated waits would be a first for the park or any park I belive and it is possible to do, they do it for the traffic to the bridges going to nyc, the park could adopt the technology to do it.

^The park could really use waiting time boards around the park. I always thought that all of those new TVs would be perfect to have current wait times cycled in with all the rest of the programming and the Jumbotron would actually be a fantastic tool to implement that!

• 3 weeks later...

ZacSpin definitely! i think we could do wonders with one of them.

Also TDK should be enhanced with new props for 2012's Dark Knight Rises.

Skull Mountain doesn't need to be scrapped it just needs some desperate TLC.

WAR ON LINES 2012 PLEASE!!!!!!

Another water ride... i wish the Water Effect was still around.. they were suppose to theme is Aquaman if TDK didnt need the space.

A drop Tower definitely!!! or maybe an Atmosfear.. something crazy. A skyscreamer wouldn't be bad either.

I wish they would reopen the Musik Express.. I would retheme it like Magic Mountain's Flash: Speed Force.

I hope the simulator building gets something very unique and visually stunning.

I also like the idea of turning Hurricane Harbor into a Scream Park for fright fest.

A show at the Lakestand! I miss the old Lethal Weapon show.

• 3 weeks later...