VOTE NOW FOR ALL YOUR FAVORITES FROM G.A. 2023 ×

Day 2- Further Expansion of Hurricane Harbor

Our wish for day 2-

gallery_1_288_27499.jpg

Another expansion of Hurricane Harbor. After 9 seasons the Tornado was added for 2010 and the had a record breaking season. It would be nice to see the trend continue with additional slides and attractions.

Things I'd like to see are:

- Mat Racer Slide Complex

- Additional children's play area (to alleviate the crowds)

- An "adult" area with giant spa/bar area

- Additional deluxe cabana area

- Expanded events (night time luau, etc.)

I Think they should expand Hurricane Harbor to the Point where it's a 2 Day Park Minimum to Ride Everything

I'd Like to see (From Someone who has never Been There)

- 2nd Wave Pool

- 2nd Longer Larger Lazy River

- Racing Slides

- Body Twisting Slides

- Looping Waterslides (Are People from New Jersey OK With those Now?)

- Behemoth Bowl

- Lagoon Pool to Relax in (Monsoon Lagoon at SFNE for Example)

- Proslide Water Coaster

- 2nd Family/ Kids Area

- Flowrider

AND MAYBE: Indoor Section for Colder Times (Schlitterbahn Galveston for Example)

^I like the theme. I agree customer service needs an upgrade, but theme was great in 2000, and great now. I love going to Hurricane Harbor for that reason. And Coaster Justin, half that stuff WILL NOT happen, there's no need for half of those. And looping water slides exist? I've never heard of them.

^I like the theme. I agree customer service needs an upgrade, but theme was great in 2000, and great now. I love going to Hurricane Harbor for that reason. And Coaster Justin, half that stuff WILL NOT happen, there's no need for half of those. And looping water slides exist? I've never heard of them.

I should clarify. When I said they haven't updated the theming at all, I meant that they haven't TOUCHED or LOOKED AT it in a decade. The themed sculpture elements have all deteriorated drastically, and most of them are either in shambles or gone; the beautiful and transporting straw roofs of the buildings have been replaced by hideous and cheap sheet metal; and signs with theme elements and directions have not been repainted, and have faded so severely that many of them cannot even be read. It's disgraceful, and needs to be looked at far before they worry about adding more slides that they will consistently understaff and not provide enough tubes for.

Edited by pashacar

An expansion is not really needed for Hurricane Harbor next year but in the coming years it may be a good addition. The slides are still fairly new but some adult only and children areas may be good for next year. The children area may take some of the heat off of the kid's areas in actual park.

I used to have a ball at the water park at GAdv when I visited when I was littler. But now that I'm older it is kind of boring. The picture GAcoaster showed, of the octo-racer (I don't think its the product name) is perfect for both GAdv and SFNE's water parks. It has great capacity and it truely is fun. I went on the one at Aquatica a ton.

The right side of HH is a little scarce in thrilling slides, so this racer could go over there.

Edited by acq10uaz