VOTE NOW FOR ALL YOUR FAVORITES FROM G.A. 2023 ×

Day 24- A Holiday in the Park Event

• 3 weeks later...

I think it would be very popular with the holiday events at other parks usually very crowded. The last time I went to Hershey in 2007, by 5:00 the park was jammed with almost full queues for some rides.

Being able to run coasters for the event would give Great Adventure an advantage over Hershey and BGW (I know BGW runs Griffon but that is dependent on the weather and they already decided not to run it the rest of the year). I'd be willing to drive to the park just for TDK and Skull Mountain since any coaster rides in Novemeber and December would be worth it to me and with no other park running coasters in the Northeast, I think it would be a big draw for people.

I think that would be a great idea to bring back great adventures holiday lights and to open some of the rides in the park for the holidays.It would be much better to have to go to great adventure then all the way out to Hershey Park to see winter lights and to expericance the holiday season,great adventure is like an hour from my house and i would just love to see holiday lights once again at great adventure................. :mellow:

Because they wanted instant ROI with a holiday event, which they did not get. They didn't want to invest enough to launch it right, so they never saw the return in the two seasons it ran.

I look at what Busch has done with Christmas Town and it's night and day. They spent the money on millions of lights and decorations, shows, food, etc. that is drawing capacity crowds to the park for the run of Christmas Town, and will continue to build it through investments and guests returning each season as it becomes a tradition.