VOTE NOW FOR ALL YOUR FAVORITES FROM G.A. 2023 ×

Tango

29yrswithaGApass

The Plaza del Carnavale area that was planned under Burke & Co was basically what was built. Plans shared with the public at the park in September of 2005 pretty much match what was constructed. Snyder didn't gain controll until November of 2005.

The slight changes include:

- Elimination of a beer stand planned to be built to the right of La Cocina (where the lockers are now).

- Formal El Toro lockers (similar to Kingda Ka's) planned to be built where El Toro photos now stand.

- The original photo stand was planned for across from where the current photo stand is today.

Other than that, what you see today is what was originally planned.

Quick question, is the sign going to have the screws in the letters like it showed on the winter tour, or is the park working to fix that?

We are the perfectionist aren't we! :P Just joking... the sign has always had the screw heads showing so I would imagine they will stay unless they bring a jar of touch-up paint when they install the ENTER and EXIT signs.

We are the perfectionist aren't we! :P Just joking... the sign has always had the screw heads showing so I would imagine they will stay unless they bring a jar of touch-up paint when they install the ENTER and EXIT signs.

:lol: I didn't mean to sound rude or anything, I just like to see Gadv look the best it can be(I've brought a lot of fanboys from other parks and their response is usually "This park is so ghetto" "That thing over there is trash" "my home park is a hell of a lot better than this"), and I think its awesome that Weber & Co. are bringing back a flat like this!

I really missed Tango, It is a ride my Family could all enjoy together. I also think it a good sign concerning "flat's" at the park. Before we would get any new "flat's" I am postitive the park would open what we have first. And then later on we would start seeing some new one's if still needed. Nice little Spotlight, and i'm happy it's back for 2011.

I remember when Plaza del Carnavale first opened they had all these palm trees planted. Next season they were all gone, hopefully the park didn't just let them freeze to death in the winter. The only plams that can survive our winters are Needle Palms. Still it's good to hear Tango will reopen.

Edited by The Master

• 3 years later...

Has anyone ever seen a line for Tango? It gets me nervous because I always think this ride could be removed for low ridership. I think many assume it is just a kiddie ride and can't (or shouldn't) go on it. Maybe a sign like the one below would increase ridership. Either that or relocate it to Looney Tunes Seaport.

gallery_2_35_38763.png

I rarely see much of a line for it. I normally would ride it maybe every other trip to the park but if no one else is waiting I feel a little funny being the only one walking up there even though it's not just for kids. Maybe with Rolling Thunder gone it has even less riders since families with kids who would have went to Rolling Thunder but are too short for El Toro or think El Toro is too extreme of a ride aren't walking into Plaza Del Carnaval anymore.