VOTE NOW FOR ALL YOUR FAVORITES FROM G.A. 2023 ×

Favorite drink?

After looking at those pictures again of the Bakery just now, it dawned on me that I remember getting those famous fruit drinks just up Dream Street near Yum Yum Palace. My favorite was the grape drink and I thought it was the best thing on a warm and humid summer day. Like tradition. They came in a plastic container, basically shaped like the flavor it was with those plastic-like straws! Do they even sell those at the park still? What was your favorite drink?

The sippy drinks are no longer sold, although several of the carts have been repainted and are used as ornamte plant holders.

If I recall they had grape (purple), orange (orange), lemon (yellow), and a red one and a brown one. Was the red one in the shape of cherries? How about the brown? Wasn't that in the shape of a bear? Was that rootbeer flavored?

I remember they gave you a short straight straw but you could upgrade to a crazy straw. In fact, they never had regular straws for any of the drinks (including soda). They always pushed buying a crazy straw.

gallery_2_235_107885.jpg

gallery_2_28_966557.jpg

I remember back when they used to sell those. I never got them too often, but I am sure I had a few orange drinks since thatis my favorite favor. Most of the time when I got a fancy drink at GADV it was usually a red or blue or Coke Icee.

I had all of them at least several times, but I was a grape juice guy first and foremost. Before we'd head back home for the two-hour drive from Jackson to Long Island, we'd stock up on a couple of drinks. We'd drink them in the car before falling asleep in the backseat. The next day, we'd wash them out and build a collection. Yes, the memories and tradition!