VOTE NOW FOR ALL YOUR FAVORITES FROM G.A. 2023 ×

Your first ride at GA?

Mine was the Skyride in 1974. Then went on the Giant Wheel. (Only two rides you could see in those days from the parking lot). If I ever get back there to GA, I suspect those are the first two rides I'd go on. In fact, I'd prioritize hitting all of rides that remain from the last time I was there in 1983.

Mine was in 1974 during the first weekend or week (not sure, will try to find out) it was open. I have no clue what ride I went on (I was 4) but I will see if my Mom or Dad remembers. I know when we went that first time the Park gave out free ticket's to come back again because everything was not open yet. We went back about a month later for my second visit to the park.

• 2 months later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 2 years later...
Guest Moonracker7

The memory of my first ride at GA, fender benders as something to laugh at... because all the older scouts in my troop started it. I went on Big Wheel 2 times and the only roller coaster I rode was el torro; I hate #inversions. The 2 scouts who where in my patrol at the time rode RR. this all took place about a year ago and this mystery trip was 500% better than the one before that was to go about 7hrs. to central VA. I want to go back and cover the launch of ZDOD in may/June.