VOTE NOW FOR ALL YOUR FAVORITES FROM G.A. 2023 ×

Fright Fest 2011

Railer

i saw a pic of a congo rapids ride, where they die the water too look like blood and added props it looked pretty sweet, but oct in nj you coulkd never do that with our congo...

Living in the northeast sucks, it's too cold for too long.

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't think that is too good of an idea with the log flume. Besides safety concerns our Oct weather is too cold to ride the log flume or any other water ride. SoCal would be alot warmer during Oct than NJ so they can still run their water rides, that must be nice to have a long warm season. Also Knotts doesn't have to winterize water stuff for a long, cold, harsh winter like our local parks need to.

You dont get that wet on our log flume. They should turn off those hoses that people pay to spray you when it is colder. I know I would ride it more if they did this.

You dont get that wet on our log flume. They should turn off those hoses that people pay to spray you when it is colder. I know I would ride it more if they did this.

I wish they would rip out the stupid things for good.

As much as I'd like to see that happen too, I don't think they will get rid of them. They seem to be used a lot and it's easy money for the park without any overhead for the most part. At the minimum they should be turned off in April, mid September to the end of September and October. If the Log Flume remains open for Frightfest, I'll probably go right to it at opening (if it is open at all on Friday nights which I am not expecting) and ride it before a lot of people get to the area to avoid people using the sprayers.

This is so random but I know a lot of parks have been introducing dj/dancing events at night. Something after nightfall with a DJ in the old simulator hangar, complete with fog strobes, etc. could be tons of fun. Might be tough keeping the dancing family friendly, given the FF crowd, though.

Edit: Sorry for the DP. Been off the forums for a while and forgot the decorum.

Edited by pashacar

I am hoping that in addition to some new walk-thrus, shows, etc., they invest in some new decorations for the entire park. The ones they have been using for the past 10+ years are getting kind of old and falling apart. Many of them are just a fraction of what they were when they were originally installed with parts having been removed and some looking like scrap wood more so than something scary. They need to add something park-wide that gives the whole Fright Fest a "WOW"-factor.

The ones they have been using for the past 10+ years are getting kind of old and falling apart. Many of them are just a fraction of what they were when they were originally installed with parts having been removed and some looking like scrap wood more so than something scary

Especially the ones in the Western section....

It doesn't help that, for over a decade, they've spent every day of their existence outdoors UNCOVERED (not even a tarp) in the fantastic extremes of New Jersey weather... and in 2006 the park received a complaint that they were too crucifix-like and, rather than just angle the cross-arms at 45-degree angles, they just cut them off.

Before:

093005-179.jpg

After:

100807-127.jpg

Those skeletons hanging from posts in the western section are from the 1999 FF overhaul and used to be in the Main Street area. They also used to have skulls on ropes hanging down but they have been either been stolen or used elsewhere. The Psycho Circus gates used to have clown skeletons chained to them and F/X lights.

Wow, I always thought our Fright Fest sucked, but I was always under the impression that Six Flags maintained it. Silly me...

It didn't used to suck, FF was great back in the 90s. But the last 10 years have not been that good, only good thing left is Dead Man's Party. No hayride, no Elvira, no Bad Bob, no decent haunted houses, no decent and free terror walks, FF has really sucked in recent years. FF is such a joke now compared to Dorney's Haunt.

It doesn't help that, for over a decade, they've spent every day of their existence outdoors UNCOVERED (not even a tarp) in the fantastic extremes of New Jersey weather... and in 2006 the park received a complaint that they were too crucifix-like and, rather than just angle the cross-arms at 45-degree angles, they just cut them off.

Before:

093005-179.jpg

After:

100807-127.jpg

I remember those 90 deg arms used to have skulls on ropes hanging down from them. In the upper picure you can still see one by the guy's head. Back in 1999 each arm had 3 skulls hanging down, each post had 6, you can see by 2006 most of them were gone. If you look you can see most of the arms have just been snapped off due to the rough edges on the arm stumps.

I think there may have still may have been a couple of parts of the clown skeletons left, but not enough for a newbie too tell what they once were. I do remember last year that one of the circus gates only had the shoes left because they are bolted down. The problem with "bucky" skeletons is you need them to have them out of reach of guest hands. Even then I think they are only held together with thin wire that is not rust proof.

Edited by The Master