VOTE NOW FOR ALL YOUR FAVORITES FROM G.A. 2023 ×

Runaway Trains 4th train

It's partly safety has been beefed up, but also common sense has disappeared.

Yeah. I hate to say it, but my generation has kind of screwed everything up. I'm 16, and I'm noticing the lack of care(common sense) and respect kids have now a days. Especially at the park, I see employees getting teased by 11 and 12 year olds. These kids have no care in the world and they think everything is handed to them.

Yeah. I hate to say it, but my generation has kind of screwed everything up. I'm 16, and I'm noticing the lack of care(common sense) and respect kids have now a days. Especially at the park, I see employees getting teased by 11 and 12 year olds. These kids have no care in the world and they think everything is handed to them.

Yeah, I know kids who make fun of teachers in school and get detention EVERY DAY and they still don't care. Were has the world lead to today?

• 4 months later...

how is it possible to even run four trains at once, has anyone actually ever seen it done?

Yep it can be done and was done in 1974,1975, and 1976....I worked log flume but would go to Runaway when we broke down...Theres one in station one on the lift one in dip by the arena and one in the reverse helix...Thus allowing you to use the lift as a brake, the trim before the helix and the first brake before the station, and the station it self. If the operator needed to the train in the station was released and stopped at the bottom of the lift. Thus your four train operation...During rain wed run two trains...talk about your back up of guests in the cue... :hot_air_balloon:

^Whoa. That seemed highly difficult. Especially, if you had difficult customers. :P

We had more hosts ans hostess then on the load side youd start at the back of the train and move forward...Disney fashion..Assign seats not pick and choose like now..one host would count and the other would direct walking backwards stoping at a seat and loading it. Then on the unload there were3 hosts..eeach with 2 xars to secure the lap bars ...and direct unloaded guest down the stairs...Wasnt much unruly guests...Keep moving get in sit down pull back go...Thank you

• 2 months later...

I would think that they hit!!!!! One time when my uncle worked on it and it was raining only operating 1 train and he said it just flew trough the station on to the lift. VERY DANGEROUS!!!!!!!

I worked Mine Train for years... You could NEVER run 4 trains (as many have asked) because with three, there was only 45 seconds between trains. It was a VERY fast paced ride to work and required many employees to do it.

At the first sign of ANY rain, we would automatically drop to a "one-train" operation without any supervisory permission needed due to the skid brakes becoming wet. We had many trains that would not stop because it was too wet. We used to put "quick dry" on the trim and ready brakes, but that would eventually leave the brakes with a slick coating over time - requiring replacement. We found that plain ol' kitty litter did a much better job! I remember telling those guests waiting (behind the old swinging wooden doors) to back up all the way to the wall of the station, so if a train didn't stop in the station, there would be less chance of them falling into the track or into the fast moving train.

I would LOVE the comments made by guests who didn't get the whole "wet brake" thing and would see a train slide through the station and then complain "HEY how come THEY get to go again?!?" Too funny!!! Here's your sign...

• Haha 1