VOTE NOW FOR ALL YOUR FAVORITES FROM G.A. 2023 ×

The Future of Clementon Park

GAcoaster

I can honestly say my experience at Indiana Beach in 2020 was far superior than my 2008 trip.

About the only problem is not enough trains/boats on the coasters, But almost everything was open and operating. The employees were also nice.

Basically, you guys could've gotten a much worse operator (Like the Laskaris Family)

I moved out of NJ a few months ago and happened to be in the area today during my first visit back. There are already people in the park doing work, so maybe this summer’s planned reopening isn’t as far fetched as it sounds. Couldn’t get a great view as the parking lot was blocked off, but a lot of the overgrowth was cut down and there were people working inside Splash World, which seemed to be in worse shape than the actual park. I hated the park in the state it was in, but I’m really rooting for it to succeed. 

The New York Times has a good article about the park today.

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/04/09/style/clementon-park-and-splash-world-auction-amusement-parks.html

Mr. Staples can see it too. He took in the old bathhouse, its peeling paint and broken windows, and noted they’d have to find some worthy use for a building so special. The log ride, built over the lake in the 1980s and in need of serious work, he called “amazing.” It’s a priority, he said, to have it running this summer.

In the dry stretch of grass where the Jack Rabbit stood, he asked about its hills and turns, wondering aloud whether it might be rebuilt.

Mr. Staples is a businessman, and he intends to update Clementon Park in ways that will make it viable and profitable. Part of the picnic grove will become a beer garden, and food vendors will replace coolers packed with homemade lunches. Some of the games along the midway may get a virtual reality makeover. And with a cellphone in every pocket, the untethered freedom of my own youth in the park may really be a bygone.

But the true draw, he believes, is the nostalgia itself; the promise that you can go home again, and when you get there, you’ll recognize the place.

“It’s a living, breathing thing,” he said. “That’s what will survive generation to generation. For now, we’re just the caretakers.”

Things I have picked up from other sources:

Gene isn't a fan of Super Loops, expect Ring of Fire to be removed and sold.

Hellcat will be retracked and will probably have new trains by the 2022 season.

7 hours ago, Medusa42 said:

The New York Times has a good article about the park today.

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/04/09/style/clementon-park-and-splash-world-auction-amusement-parks.html

Things I have picked up from other sources:

Gene isn't a fan of Super Loops, expect Ring of Fire to be removed and sold.

Hellcat will be retracked and will probably have new trains by the 2022 season.

Looking like I'll be visiting in 2022 then...

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Some things I noticed while driving by Clementon Park earlier today.
- Front half of the main parking lot was repaved, and entire lot was striped. 
- Overflow parking lot was paved, but not yet striped.
- The water park had been drained, but not filled with water yet.
- The drop tower was taken down laying horizontal. Interesting, maybe it was part of the inspection required by the state.

As of Monday, May 17 there were no rides inspected by the state. As of today there are 24 rides/slides. It's very likely that they will stick a Memorial Day opening for the waterpark and possibly almost all of the dry park too. Couldn't find any information on status of Hell Cat. Wondering if they will not operate it until they can get some retracking done, new trains, or both.

Considering the park was only sold 2 months ago and had been sitting for 1.5 years it is crazy just how much Gene Staples was able to accomplish. Can't wait to see what the future holds for this park and hope that it sticks around for many years and prospers.

ClementonPark_PermittedRides.jpg

• Like 1