VOTE NOW FOR ALL YOUR FAVORITES FROM G.A. 2023 ×

Day 8- Rehab of Congo Rapids

I'm probably the exception but I like that you don't get soaked on the Congo Rapids. The rapids that were at Hershey at the rapids at Dorney have waterfall after waterfall where everyone gets soaked and I'll only stop at the rapids at Dorney if I am going to the waterpark (at Dorney that is right next to the rapids) since I'll be wearing a bathing suit anyway. With Congo Rapids, you know even if you get hit with that little "wave" after the small downhill section or the sprayer to move the raft at the end, an hour later you'll be dry. Although looking at the first picture, the waterfalls the ride had look different in that the entire raft doesn't go through them so maybe it wouldn't be as bad as other rapids rides.

Edited by Yoshi

• 2 weeks later...

I agree with Yoshi about the not adding more waterfalls. I do remember that Congo Rapids waterfalls never really got people wet since they are off to the side and behind guiderails, but I would like to see them repaired. Also I would like to see the poison ivy removed from the ride's banks. They could also install some tiki theming like HH has, even some cold hardy palms and banna trees, Joshua trees would also look nice.