VOTE NOW FOR ALL YOUR FAVORITES FROM G.A. 2023 ×

Video Show Coming To Showcase Theatre For 2008?

GAcoaster

An interesting thing has been added to the Six Flags Over Georgia website with "40 Fun Things for Kids (Under 42")"

Some of the things mentioned are a Country Music video show (in the Crystal Pistol Music Hall):

6. Crystal Pistol Music Hall: Enjoy the "Academy of Country Music Awards: Back Trax" at our historic music hall!

And an Amercian Music Awards show (in the Drive In Theatre):

10. Drive-In Theatre: Enjoy the "American Music Awards: Rewind" and check out all the greats from years past!

If I had to guess, we'll be seeing "American Music Awards: Rewind" in our Showcase Theatre this season. :Graduate:

PS- Check out the link for the pictures at the top...That Robin looks a little long in the tooth to be the "Boy Wonder", and Wonder Woman looks like the cousin of Cletus the Slack-Jawed Yokel:

logo.JPG

I wonder if they will run the show from just Memorial Day to Labor Day or the entire season up to Fright Fest?

They should put together a multimedia show of horror movies and replace Hypnosteria this year. I enjoyed in 2002 when the park installed a movie screen in the fountain and showed horror clips during Fright Fest.

20022049_small.jpg

I hope it is better than 1984's Spirit of the Olympics multi-media show. That was a disappointing replacement for The Great Rock n Roll Time Machine which played for several years earlier.

Both Spirit and Time Machine were season fillers or primarily shown in the evening hours after the regular stage show in the Showcase Theatre (Americana Music Hall at the time) were finished for the day.

One of the first things I ever ordered through the mail was a souvenir album of the Great Rock n Roll Time Machine. There was an ad for it on the show pamphlet they handed out at the show.