VOTE NOW FOR ALL YOUR FAVORITES FROM G.A. 2023 ×

Day 24- Add a Christmas Event

This would be great especially with how big the holidays are in the new York area. They can replace all the display windows on main St with mock up little department store windows and but a Rockefeller center style tree over the fountain since it can't operate itd also be interesting if they could make a real flying santas sleigh using the skyway cables ala disneys tinkerbell

Yes bring it back! I missed it the first time around. The weather isn't so severe where they couldn't.

This would be great especially with how big the holidays are in the new York area. They can replace all the display windows on main St with mock up little department store windows and but a Rockefeller center style tree over the fountain since it can't operate itd also be interesting if they could make a real flying santas sleigh using the skyway cables ala disneys tinkerbell

Philly goes way out for Christmas as well.

With the weather the way it is nowadays, this will become a reality. I say within 5yrs time, the Park could be open on weekends just about all year. I would only close for Jan. and Feb.

The past two years have been the harshest winters on record. Last year we got a record freak snowfall the day after Christmas. This is the first mild Dec we had in a while. Heck we had that freak Nor easter that ruined the final Oct Saturday for everyone and forced Dorney to cancel their last day. Hershey couldn't run their coasters and even GADV was lucky they could open for the final day. I highly doubt the weather around here will improve enough for GADV to be open year round in our lifetimes. This time of year the weather can go either way, you can't count on Dec being nice or even Oct.

While I would like to see a holiday event at GADV, it's really not set up well for one. Hershey has alot of flats that can be ran in cold weather besides indoor rides and a show. Plus they have a big indoor pavilion. Gadv does not have as many indoor rides, and even fewer flats than Hershey which is a problem. Even SFA has more flats than GADV so that park is more well suited for a Holiday event than GADV.

Edited by The Master