VOTE NOW FOR ALL YOUR FAVORITES FROM G.A. 2023 ×

Villains Coming to the Streets of Movietown in 2008?

GAcoaster

A couple of interesting things have popped up on the internet about other Six Flags Parks adding Villains to the lineup of costumed characters in the parks for the 2008 season.

Six Flags Great America even has this on the Auditions website:

JUSTICE LEAGUE CHARACTER ACTOR (16 or older)

APPOINTMENT NECESSARY - PLEASE CALL (847) 249-1776 EXT. 4646

Bring our most popular characters from comics, cartoons and movies to life for our guests. Improvisational skills and excellent characterization make these characters real and are essential. We are looking for actors to bring Batman, Robin, The Flash, Green Lantern, Wonder Woman, Two Face, and The Joker to life.

And Six Flags New England has a thing about looking for the following characters on theirs:

Batman, Wonder Woman and the Justice League Superheroes

Joker, The Riddler and The Legion of Doom Villains

So it looks like we may see the Joker and Two Face added to the park this season...too bad there's still no Superman :/

That old Chiller Observatory would make a nice Legion of Doom headquarters.

20077675_small.jpg

or attraction. The thing that bugs me most is that they feel that the Movietown theme should revolve around superheroes. As much as I love Batman and the Justice League, I want to see a real movie theme put into the area. I'd love to get the feel of 1920's movie set or other movie related theming. As the plaque says on the entracne to Movietown "The perfect place for movies to come alive"

Edited by BuddyChrist

I would like to see them mix it up too. I often thought Movie Town Water Effect would have made a good "The Perfect Storm" ride. I'm just hoping that they use Chiller's station for a movie themed dark ride. That wide open Movie Town area has such potential. The placement of The Dark Kinght's building is a little odd unless they plan on expanding The Old Country into the land behind it.

I think at the rate they are going we are more likely to see a complete makover within the next few years into Gotham City than we are to see more general Movie set or Movie theming. With Stuntman's Freefall and the Water Effect now gone, almost everything in that area are now themed to Batman (Batman: The Ride, The Dark Knight, Arena) or the DC Universe (Justice League Headquarters) in general, so it seems Gotham is the most likely way for them to take it. Of course within the next year the park will probably introduce another ride or show to throw me off here, but whatever they do it would be nice to see more consistency for that area.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi all - this is my first post! Just wanted to comment on the legion of doom villains coming soon - very excited about seeing them in the park. Per Up_Up_and_away's comment about not casting a good looking Wonder Woman, that's too bad. I went to the St. Louis park last summer, and they had the best looking JLA I've ever seen - and their Wonder Woman was perfect! I've been to other parks, and seen photos online of JLA from the other parks, and it's an absolute true fact to say that the St Louis park has rockin super heroes! My wife was especially fond of the Flash, and I must say he was cool. It was a really packed Saturday, and WW and Flash were surrounded by tons of people near the Mr. Freeze coaster, and both of them were spot-on character the entire time. And, it was so darn hot, and they did not let the heat bother them at all. Hopefully they will be back this season. I plan to go back to St Louis and check out the new Evel Knevel coaster this summer, and I will look for the super heros and villains too. I think the JLA and soon to be villains are a fantastic addition to the parks. Great decision, Shapiro! Happy Friday to all.

• 1 month later...

If villians are in the park shouldn't the Superheros try to bring them to justice? And I always wondered if a fight broke out with some park quests and Batman was nearby, do you think he would try to brake it up? He is a pretty big guy. That would be something I would love to see, Batman enforcing the Code Of Conduct. :batman: