VOTE NOW FOR ALL YOUR FAVORITES FROM G.A. 2023 ×

What do you think will happen for 40th anniversary?

My money is on a Record breaking wing rider since Gate Keeper snuck the tallest inversion on SFMM. However I wouldn't mind a Drop Tower with a bunch of flats In movie town and Old country with maybe a Priemier or Zac Spin thrown in!:) I Can't wait till we start seeing site prep and get a better idea!

My guess for 2014.

Big: Old Country section reopens with new rides and maybe a smaller coaster

Catch: The section will be completely rethemed and look very different.

or

Big: A big, new, unique roller coaster

Catch: Bizarro will be removed.

I think this one is more possible, there have been rumors about Bizarro being removed and sent to another park. Features of the ride, such as the sound, have been slowly disappearing. Also, a lot of the Bizarro merchandise is currently on sale at the park.

• 1 month later...

Had anyone seen Sally's new Justice League Alien Invasion dark ride? That would be an outstanding addition to the park and perfect for movietown. Don't get me wrong i would love a new coaster or drop tower as well. The rumor mill has been quiet for 2014.

I said this on A website: "I think Rocky Mountain Construction should redo Rolling Thunder and not get rid of it because they could rearrange the layout like they did with other coasters, making a bigger pathway to Kingda Ka. So not only get a new kick but "Iron Rolling Thunder" but get a drop tower on Kingda Ka! Two best woodies in one park and tallest drop tower? I THINK SO!"

Hey everyone, does anyone remember management saying that they want to make all 3 parks into 1? Since they merged the safari into the theme park, anyone think that maybe for the 40th anniversary well get the water park either relocated into the theme park, or a tram that goes to the waterpark? I was looking on google maps and the slides could fit perfectly into "adventure seaport".

sfhh.png

The waterpark slides would fit perfectly, with maybe removing a building and converting the rapids into a lazy river, walk under nitro and into the wavepool. Also, King Cobra could fit nicely into the congo island.

Also, the wavepool wouldn't even come near the maitnence buildings, just the dirt lot next to it.

Edited by truepolak90

• 5 weeks later...

sfhh.png

The waterpark slides would fit perfectly, with maybe removing a building and converting the rapids into a lazy river, walk under nitro and into the wavepool. Also, King Cobra could fit nicely into the congo island.

Also, the wavepool wouldn't even come near the maitnence buildings, just the dirt lot next to it.

i dont agree with this but this is one of the smartest things ever! it reminds mw of the cedar point waterpark

i had a dream recently about six flags great adventure announcing they would get a new multi launch coaster (like Full Throttle) but they are getting rid of 1 coaster but they didnt say. Could my dream be right?!

That would be really cool. But, it seems like Full Throttle is a bit of a terrain coaster. I just hope the layout in your dream is different than the one in real life!

For me, I think they should expand the park. Refurbishing and reopening the Old Country would be really cool. And adding a coaster there would make the area perfect. I think it should be a Eurofighter! Also, they should fix up the dead areas of the park. Like the area between the Lakefront and Frontier Adventures should be fixed up and given some rides. Possibly a new area? That to me would be cool.

3 things. 1. if they relocate the waterpark to connect with the theme park, the old location can be used for Great Adventure Hotels? 2. they probably wont reopen old country they will expand the adventure alley area. MAYBE. and 3. they could do a cedar point gatekeeper with the station in old country going all the way to the main entrance area and back!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...