VOTE NOW FOR ALL YOUR FAVORITES FROM G.A. 2023 ×

What do you think will happen for 40th anniversary?

As most people know, the park will be coming up shortly on a 40th anniversary in 2014 (1974-2014). What do you think is going to happen in the park when this anniversary comes up? I like how the park is going for the nostalgic feeling and is going back to an older feel of things. On the new scrambler, Deja Vu, there is the old park logo on the front of the cars (http://www.greatadve...0301%20copy.jpg). Thus, I would not be surprised if the park went for something big with the nostalgic sense to it for the 40th anniversary, or even 50th anniversary, such as the reopening of old country, or something else that a lot of people want. I also feel that if the Chiller has a good life in Brazil and works well and does not have ay problems, another LIM launch coaster could be a possibility, but these are just ideas. However, I was just wondering what everyone else was thinking and wanted to ask. I would prefer for the park to do something big for the 40th anniversary because this would only be 2 years away, compared to 12 years for the 50th anniversary. IF it means that there will be something huge for the 50th anniversary that is awesome, I would rather have them do this (i think but I'm not sure). Maybe seeing a better Chiller for the 50th anniversary if everything goes well in Brazil would be the best anniversary present anyone could ever get. Highly doubt this, but that would be cool and would work with a BIG anniversary and the nostalgic feeling.

i would love to see them just save a big sum of money. say if they didnt add anything new next year. then just go crazy like war on lines 2 but add a new attraction in every park of the park. for ex:

Frontier - teepee's old spot

Golden Kingdom - Balin's old area

Boardwalk - simulator's spot

reopen Old Country

Movietown - chiller's old spot

Forest - paintball's old spot

Lakefront - Great Lake Granstand

if i called the shots for the anniversary i would add a whole bunch of flat rides and name them after past coasters : chiller, viper, scream machine, shockwave, medusa, ultra twister, lightning loops, etc...

i would love to see them just save a big sum of money. say if they didnt add anything new next year. then just go crazy like war on lines 2 but add a new attraction in every park of the park. for ex:

Frontier - teepee's old spot

Golden Kingdom - Balin's old area

Boardwalk - simulator's spot

reopen Old Country

Movietown - chiller's old spot

Forest - paintball's old spot

Lakefront - Great Lake Granstand

if i called the shots for the anniversary i would add a whole bunch of flat rides and name them after past coasters : chiller, viper, scream machine, shockwave, medusa, ultra twister, lightning loops, etc...

If it was up to me I wouldn't name the rides after past coasters, but I would make a list of the rides, let people vote for their favorite one, and build that one brand new but i don't think this is very practical... with your ideas of adding new rides into every part of the park, you are thinking specifically about flat rides, right? there doesn't seem to be enough space in the areas you have in mind for adding a new attraction except for the chiller's spot. If they wanted to refill that spot again with the chiller, I'm all for it

If it was up to me I wouldn't name the rides after past coasters, but I would make a list of the rides, let people vote for their favorite one, and build that one brand new but i don't think this is very practical... with your ideas of adding new rides into every part of the park, you are thinking specifically about flat rides, right? there doesn't seem to be enough space in the areas you have in mind for adding a new attraction except for the chiller's spot. If they wanted to refill that spot again with the chiller, I'm all for it

i thought this was a personal opinion forum. not contradict what i would like to see. nark.

if i said... i think chiller should come back! you wouldn't have anything else to say would you?

well i kinda did give u a list of areas that are open to new attractions. of course these spots cant hold anything but a flat. except for chiller's spot could possibly hold a coaster.

and since deja vu proves GA wants to show some history.. why not really give respect to our coasters that left us too soon and turn them into flats? after all SF seems to do that alot. deja vu isnt that unique now is it?

Well, gadv has seen many prototypes over the years, so mabye gadv could be the test park for B&Ms first launch coaster or first 4D if these wingriders prove successful.

A B&M launch coaster would be so much fun! I'd definitely ask to be trained for that ride! :D

A B&M launch coaster would be so much fun! I'd definitely ask to be trained for that ride! :D

B&M hates launch coasters, they even had a fight with Universal over the Hulk's launch.

B&M hates launch coasters, they even had a fight with Universal over the Hulk's launch.

I remember hearing that when I was younger? The traditional lift hill is B&M's thing. It works wonders for them. I wouldn't see any changes in their basic layout, but having more variety from this highly loved company would be a major profit for them.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Before I get to the big cheese, here's some miscellaneous stuff I'd like to see for the 40th.

• The demolition of the paintball building. Maybe even let Harry take part in the demolition crew tongue.gif
  • Demolish the Right Stuff theater. Sorry, but there's no way that it'll be used for any new ride in the near future.
  • Bring back themed portals/music.
  • Either downsize or remove the ad presence in the park.

So now here's my idea.

A complete revitalization of Movietown/Old Country

Here we have two sections: One that should be reopened and one that should be redesigned. My idea is to combine both into a new and improved Movietown.

New Movietown:

• Leave Batman the Ride and The Dark Knight Coaster more or less the same (though bring back BTR's old queue props & paint scheme. TDK's mural would also be added)
  • Demolish the Axis Arena and construct a drop tower. It would be called something along the lines of Stuntman's Freefall (reusing names FTW!!). The queue TVs would have a unique loop of classic stunt sequences from various films.
  • Keep Nitro's name but add something special effects related theming to it.
  • Demolish the Freeze Generator/Observatory and build a Zierer launching coaster. It would be themed to either generic Hollywood car stunts or a WB film series that utilizes car stunts (how relevant is Lethal Weapon nowadays?)
  • Either rip out the German motif of Autobahn and put a soundstage looking motif over it or remove Autobahn all together (do we need two bumper cars?)
  • For the latter, put in both a classic Zierer swinging ride (to juxtapose with the taller, more extreme SkyScreamer) and a Breakdance ride
  • Demolish the old Musik Express building and put in a newer, permanent Musik Express model. It would have the same name, but would be themed to film music (i.e. the current Movietown music loop)
  • Add streetmosphere characters in the area (i.e. Chaplin, Marx Brothers, any popular WB character).

Don't remove any coasters...

Just reopen old country (as a 40th anniversary with some rides including an interactive dark ride); bring back the stunt show, water show, and other misc. shows. A drop tower also would be nice. And pave the parking lot.

That's what I would have thought especially since Screamscape mentioned it is a possibility a few months ago but if they are working on the right track, it would seem strange they are rehabbing it only to remove it. I hope the Skyway isn't removed. It's such a rare ride now and it's a lot more fun than walking from Frontier Adventures to Lakefront/Movietown especially multiple times per trip.

^^I highly doubt that they'll get rid of the Fort/Skyway (since replacing the Fort would be tricky) and Rolling Thunder is one of, if not THE most, family friendly coasters in the park. All it needs is a GCI re tracking and it's all good.

I hate to say this, but if they ripped out the Skyride, fort, and Runaway mine train would open up alot of land. Nothing that is classic for the park is safe these days.

As much as I love the parks coaster collection, I would hate to see a ride leave however if it means we get something as big and extreme like gatekeeper (size wise). Then I'd settle for for a trade depending what they choose. Now only on the condition if its an upgraded thrill experience to something that's already offered. However I would be very dissapointed if we had to trade for something like X-flight. In other words downgrade size wise. I say this only from a business point of view.