VOTE NOW FOR ALL YOUR FAVORITES FROM G.A. 2023 ×

Great Adventure Concerts

If you visit GA on a weekend in the summer it's kind of hard to go on a night when there isn't a concert at least one of the days. Who have you seen perform at Great Adventure?

Some of the acts that I have seen/caught in passing include:

Cheap Trick (1988)

Beach Boys (1983)

Eddie Money (1989)

Foreigner (2006)

Pat Benatar (2007)

Quarterflash (1983)

Heart (1982)

B52's (199?ish)

Willie Nelson (1994)

Some of these I didn't have any interest in but stopped by just to check them out. There are probably about two dozen more that I can't remember or chose to forget.

I worked at so many of them, I can hardly keep track.

The ones I remember the most (for good reasons):

Mr. Mister

The B-52's (twice)

Collective Soul

The one that stands out in my mind as the WORST:

Michael Bolton--I had to endure the whole thing since I was concert lead. People were leaving that show so fast because he INSISTED the volume be turned way up. The only thing worse than Michael Bolton music is Michael Bolton music at deafening sound levels. Normally when they passed out earplugs I would refuse them since I was up on the deck, but for that concert they were a necessity!

If I was able to regularly visit the park, I still probably wouldn't attend many. Most of the artists they have perform there are of no interest to me. So yes, I haven't attended one at the park.

Angels and Airwaves on June 22nd 2006. I met a couple of people there who knew me. And I ended up getting into a fist fight because this kid thought I threw something at him, and then he backed off. Later that night the kid came up to me at Wawa while I was in my car and apologized to me! It was fricking sweet!

-Dainan "Only concert I saw at SFGAv" Rafferty

I don't remember the dates, except for the AvA concert since Danian just said it.

But besides them, I saw Plain White T's, Switchfoot, Cartel and I know there is more, but I can not think of them right now. If I can remember them I will add them in later.