VOTE NOW FOR ALL YOUR FAVORITES FROM G.A. 2023 ×

Great Adventure Hotel Being Studied?

Not starting a rumor but I spotted this on Jackson Township's website. It appears that some sort of overnight accommodations and lodging facilities project is mentioned. It is dated Dec 27, 2011, which makes me think that this is relatively new and probably not employee housing related.

Source: Jackson Towship

gallery_2_579_945319.jpg

Oh, OK. So this is Jackson Township trying to attract a developer to build a hotel for the area near the park (or at the park). That makes a lot of sense for the park and for Jackson Township (which has no hotels as far as I know).

Brick Township has been doing the same thing for years because they feel they need a hotel with banquet facilities, etc as a benefit for the residents.

The closest hotels I know of are in East Windsor (Days Inn, Hampton, Holiday Inn, Quality Inn) And even those are a bit of a drive from the park. A hotel located on park property or very close to it would do extremely well, and personally I still can't understand why one has not been built any closer yet. Normally around large theme parks like ours there is a plethora of hotels surrounding it, but not in this case.

If GA does go ahead with this project we could see some amazing new and reborn things for the park, 1st there going to want to keep it usable for the fall and winter months, we could see an extension of the season and possibly a christmas type thing similar to BGW, this would make our park 10,000,000,000,000x better!

• 1 month later...