VOTE NOW FOR ALL YOUR FAVORITES FROM G.A. 2023 ×

NEW Yearbook Page Spotlights

1 hour ago, p_loots said:

The yearbook pages have always been one of my favorite features on the site, and it's great to see them being updated/expanded! Thank you so much for all the hard work you put into them. I look forward to Timeline Tuesday every week. 

Thanks!  That is great to hear!  The Timeline are some of the most time consuming pages to assemble given the amount of sorting, scanning, and research needed to pull each season together.  It is nice to know someone is checking them out.  :)

• Like 2

A major update to all the Yearbook pages published so far has just been completed.  The detailed grid listing of all the park features now includes not only the feature names but also the years introduced as well as the removal seasons (for things that have been removed).  Overall, I think it makes the timeline pages even a more valuable resource. 

Be sure to refresh your browser to see the latest page updates.

Q:  What has 57 vintage pamphlet scans, 24 theme park poster maps, more than 40 press packs including over 1000 pages of park information, 62 old time TV ads, more than 300 newspaper print advertisements from years gone by, almost 400 show schedule images, and a ton more all having to do with the history of Great Adventure?

A:  It is the first twenty five Yearbook Spotlights in our Great Adventure History Timeline series ranging from 1974 to 1998!

All this not to mention a detailed piece by piece inventory of every structure at the park each season right down to the toilets!  So much information!  Check it all out HERE.

• 2 weeks later...

For anyone who follows these yearbook pages, we haven't given up on Timeline Tuesdays.  We have been very fortunate to receive a wave of "new" content for the site and my time has been spent converting the images and videos so that they can be shared here on the site.  Yearbooks will resume soon.

• Like 3

Thinking back to years ago and how little material we had, things have really snowballed!

And of course with the more recent seasons (since the dawn of digital photography especially), we just have TONS of photos to sort through and that takes forever.

Having more material is a blessing and a curse...

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...