VOTE NOW FOR ALL YOUR FAVORITES FROM G.A. 2023 ×

Balloons Shop

I remember watching so many of those balloons fly off as the balloon girls were trying to pull one out of the bunch. With what we know now about the environmental impact of all those balloons (especially the mylar ones), it makes me cringe every time I see someone let a balloon go.

I always found it so strange that this picture was the one they chose of Freefall:

FFPC.jpg

I guess pre-Photoshop there wasn't an easy way to take that balloon out of the tree! :D

How fragile are those two ballons, the one on the left mostly?

It was so fragile I didn't dare blow it up to take a better picture of it!

That balloon was part of a "mystery bag" of out dated merchandise the park offered. In 1980, the shop under the Big Wheel, Enchanted Forest Gifts at the time, had a wooden barrel of sealed white paper bags. In each of them were several items consisting mostly of discontinued merchandise. I remember buying a few of these mystery grab bags for $1 each and getting things like balloons, old GAF slides, Great Adventure beach balls, and prints from the Safari. I wish I had that entire barrel now!