VOTE NOW FOR ALL YOUR FAVORITES FROM G.A. 2023 ×

1990 Great Adventure Promo Video

A video used by Great Adventure for advertising the park has been added to the galleries. It's interesting to note that the Great American Scream Machine footage is actually Shockwave at Six Flags Great America and the Shockwave footage is from when the ride was still at Six Flags Magic Mountain. View the 1990 Great Adventure Promotional Video and feel free to comment here.

gallery_2_4_32403.jpg

Here is how you can tell times (and technology) have changed...... My Dad was sent this video (on VHS) in 1990 as part of a packet of information on group sales and a company picnic for his business. During those days the park actually included a return envelope so you could mail the tape back to them! Today they put DVDs as inserts in magazines. :) By the way we did mail the tape back!

Wow that is pretty funny. I remember getting mailings from all sorts of places as a kid with VHS but can't ever remember being asked to mail it back to them. And you are right today DVD technology is so easy to manufacture that the things are all over the place in mail, magazines, stores and everywhere else.

This is definately a great find and a great piece for any collection. I know somewhere my girlfriend has an old commercial from six flags advertising lightnin' loops and some other items that I am hoping we are able to rip and throw up here in the near future.

I'll bet you did...and then 15 years later spent a few bucks buying a copy on eBAY! I wish I held on to more stuff like that and took more pictures, but as it is I have too much crap. :lol:

Actually, I made it a point to make a copy of it before mailing it back. I knew I wanted to do something with all this stuff even way back in the 80s. I wish I could say I knew back then that the internet was on its way because I would probably be very rich right now. :) I have been known to buy a few items on eBay though!

This is definately a great find and a great piece for any collection. I know somewhere my girlfriend has an old commercial from six flags advertising lightnin' loops and some other items that I am hoping we are able to rip and throw up here in the near future.

Finding those items would be great! Can I help you look!!!!

I actually know exactly where the one commercial is and exactly what movie is it during so with the help of a VHS/DVD-RW combo she has I think we will be able to get that within the near furture. My best guess would be around the 23rd as that is the next time she will be home to pick some stuff up. I'll be sure to keep you posted on it.

• 8 months later...