VOTE NOW FOR ALL YOUR FAVORITES FROM G.A. 2023 ×

What is your favorite time of the year at Great Adventure?

29yrswithaGApass

17 members have voted

1. 1. Which season is your favorite time of year at Great Adventure?

• Spring
    • Summer
    • Fall
  2. 2. Which season do you make the most visits?

• Spring
    • Summer
    • Fall

I voted Spring for both. Crowds seem to be lower in the Spring than any other time of year (especially with Fright Fest starting earlier and earlier each year so the low crowds in September are probably a thing of the past) and I go to Great Adventure in the Spring more than the summer and fall because of that and because it's the only park in the area open that time of year (Dorney opens 6 weeks after Great Adventure this year!) so I don't have a choice of going to another park so I can't split my park trips between multiple parks. I also like Spring because it's the beginning of the season and after around 5 months of being bored and counting the days until opening day/opening weekend, it is a great feeling to walk through the park gates for the first time of the new season and know you have a whole season of coaster riding to look forward to compared to the fall where you know the fun is going to end soon and you have the upcoming winter to be bored again for 5 months.

I don't go to the park much in the summer because of the crowds, in 2008 - 2012 I went in July a total of 4 or 5 times and August 4 times compared to April where I usually go 4 - 5 times each year. I also only go in the Fall on Friday nights since those are the only days that the crowds are reasonable. I have seen enough pictures over the years of Fright Fest Saturday's and even Sunday's to know I wouldn't enjoy dealing with those crowds and 1 - 2 hour lines for the coasters.

I agree with Yoshi, Spring is the best time for me and my family. We always go on Sundays and we can usually hit all the coasters by 2pm (even with a stop in the parking lot for lunch). Summer time we split betwwen Gadv and HH and in the fall we might go a few times in Sept. Last year was the 1st time we went to the park after opening (2:30pm) and it happened to be during Fright Fest... well... wont do that again! Even though the shows were nice, its just too crowded (did not even go on any coasters that day!).

If they had more shows we would probably go to Gadv more in the summer time; less coasters but would be able to watch more shows with the wife and kids; but for now we usually just go to HH and sit by the pool (which is also way overcrowded with rude people).

From spring to fall, I'm always at Great Adventure. I personally love going to the park during the summer. I know it gets quite busy on those hot summer days, but there's just something about the atmosphere that I love. My second favorite time of the year is spring, since the lines are short.

Spring is my favorite time for going to GADV. The park is usually less crowded, the rides are usually still in better running shape (less break downs), and the whole park is still cleaner since it has not been trashed by the crowds yet. I don't like Fall too much anymore since the park seems to get the roughest people going there during that season anymore and the lines get as bad as the Summer, but with meaner people.

Spring on both for me too. My kids and I always go more in the spring before the crowds all start and the park gets trashed. We do go in the summer a bit, but try to avoid the place in the fall. Just too long of lines and tooo too many people. Not very enjoyable for us. In recent years the mobs of people in the fall just get bigger and bigger. Its cool to experience fright fest to say ya went but thats about it.

• 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I had to think about this for a little bit, I love going there at Halloween, but I thought about, it is sort of crowded at Fright fest. But Spring has great temperature and less crowds. I also go more in spring...I think.

Personally I love going to Great Adventure any season.

Edited by jollyroger