VOTE NOW FOR ALL YOUR FAVORITES FROM G.A. 2023 ×

Great Adventure Kicks Off 2013 Season

29yrswithaGApass

Source: Six Flags Great Adventure

World’s Largest Theme Park Kicks Off 2013 Season with Star-Studded Hurricane Sandy Benefit Concert March 23

Six Flags Great Adventure and Hurricane Harbor Anticipate Launch of New Additions

JACKSON, NJ — March 5, 2013 — Six Flags Great Adventure, the world’s largest theme park, kicks off its historic 2013 season March 23, 2013 with Opening Weekend presented by Lowe’s and a Hurricane Sandy benefit concert featuring Grammy Award-winning Motown Records artist Ne-Yo, with special appearances by MTV stars Vinny Gaudagnino from Jersey Shore and Andrew Jenks.

The concert is the culmination of “Spring Fix,” an alternative spring break event sponsored by MTV, mtvU and United Way to help rebuild communities along the New Jersey shore devastated by Hurricane Sandy. This star-studded event is free with park admission, and a portion of the opening day ticket sales will directly benefit United Way.

Cuddly Critters and New Dining Options Available in 2013

Beginning March 23, animal lovers can experience a new, educational presentation “You Otter Know” featuring the adorable Asian small-clawed otter sextuplets previewed to guests last fall. The otter pups swim and frolic in the Seafari Theater’s underwater viewing pool.

Fort Independence features the park’s four lovable sea lions ─ Anoki, Dichali, Ella and Kenobi ─ in “Fish Factor;” and Safari Kids Theater hosts the return of zany Professor Slithers and his collection of talented critters in “Professor Slithers Travels the World.” Kids and kids-at-heart will enjoy the return of the “Six Flags Dance Party” and the loveable Looney Tunes pals in an ‘80s-themed musical, “We Got the Beat.”

Summer marks the return of the Live & Local music series, unique street entertainers, the nighttime “Block Party” and an electrifying, new laser and fireworks show by award-winning Pyrotecnico.

Six Flags Great Adventure is also offering more dining options in 2013. Park guests can look forward to their favorite theme park fare, a wide variety of ethnic choices plus some healthy, new selections. Gluten-free menu assortments like pizza and brownies join an expanded healthy choices menu that includes salads, wraps and frozen yogurt. The new Six Below featuring Breyers® hard-scooped ice cream and Rita’s® Italian ice also join the summer refreshment menu.

Highly-Anticipated Safari Off Road Adventure Opening Approaches

Following the merge of Six Flags Great Adventure and Wild Safari, the 510-acre theme park is poised to debut the highly-anticipated Safari Off Road Adventure Memorial Day weekend. The new attraction will take explorers on the most intense, up-close animal experience of their lives. Guests will load new, rugged, open-air, Safari vehicles to begin their unique adventure. Skilled, informed drivers will drive guests off-road and up close to the animals as they splash through ponds, climb hills, cross bridges and venture over rugged terrain.

The attraction will introduce guests to the new Camp Aventura, the main stop along the journey. Camp Aventura will feature an intimate look at smaller exotic animals, and an opportunity to hand-feed or pet some of them. Here, guests can also fly through the air high above the animals on a new two-seater zip line for an additional fee.

Safari Off Road Adventure will be included with general theme park admission and Season Passes, and will be accessible via the Frontier Adventures section of the theme park.

“Safari Off Road Adventure features a VIP-style journey through six contents and 1,200 exotic animals without ever leaving New Jersey,” said John Fitzgerald, park president. “This will be the world’s most incredible and unique animal experience. Where else can you ride a wave, go on safari, and soar on world-record breaking coasters?”

This summer, next door at Six Flags Hurricane Harbor water park, water-thrill seekers will challenge a massive, new slide complex ─ Big Wave Racer. This six-lane, four-story slide tower will send riders barreling head-first on aero-dynamically-designed water toboggans as they race each other to the finish line.

The best way to enjoy all Six Flags Great Adventure, Safari and Hurricane Harbor have to offer is with a Season Pass. Passes provide unlimited visits during the 2013 season, special events, concerts, free tickets for friends and more. In addition, guests receive one free Season Parking Pass when purchasing four or more. This offer expires April 28, 2013. For more information, visit www.sixflags.com/greatadventure.

About Six Flags Entertainment Corporation

Six Flags Entertainment Corporation is the world’s largest regional theme park company with $1.1 billion in revenue and 18 parks across the United States, Mexico and Canada. For more than 50 years, Six Flags has entertained millions of families with world-class coasters, themed rides, thrilling water parks and unique attractions including up-close animal encounters, Fright Fest® and Holiday in the Park®.

Yeah, I'm going Sunday too. Although I would see the concert, it's not worth it to me to deal with the crowds that are going to be there especially since after almost 5 months of no coasters I'm going to want to get a lot of rides in and not wait in 1+ hour lines.

Edited by Yoshi

The kids and I are going on Sunday also. Then on Easter Sunday we are all going again (including my wife...it's actually her idea as an excuse for her relatives not to come over our house for Easter...) Both times we will probably be there at 10am and only stay til 2-3.

Looking forward to another great season; but still cant determine if we might get a few dining plans (not for all 4 of us but maybe 1 or 2). The foods we eat (if not packing a lunch) seems not to be included in the places to eat. Hoping they might have an updated list on what is on the plan since they mentioned new menu items.

Yeah, I'm going Sunday too. Although I would see the concert, it's not worth it to me to deal with the crowds that are going to be there especially since after almost 5 months of no coasters I'm going to want to get a lot of rides in and not wait in 1+ hour lines.

I was thinking the same thing. After not riding anything for a while, I will want to get a lot in. Between the normal opening day/spring break crowds, processing the dining pass, and waiting for and watching the concert I wont get many rides in. I will probably go on Sunday too.

• 3 weeks later...

when i went to the park yesterday, while i was on skyscreamer, i looked around to see if any fright fest mazes were up, i found it interesting that insanity was still up because usually they knock it down and then put it back up. i am not a very good photographer, so could someone please take pictures of it while on the big wheel? THANK YOU