VOTE NOW FOR ALL YOUR FAVORITES FROM G.A. 2023 ×

Gr.Adv.Debate #9: Integrated Kiddie Rides or Children Sections

21 members have voted

1. 1. Which is a better place for children's rides?

• Dispersed throughout the park
    • In dedicated children's areas
    • Combination of children's areas and also throughout the park

Children's rides are usually found in dedicated areas of the park that are set aside just for the smallest guests. Some parks opt to have their kiddie rides located amongst the adult rides - like a kiddie bumper cars ride next to the adult bumpers. When Time Warner took over management in the 1990's there was talk of relocating the kiddie rides around the park. Which do you think is a better approach?

I voted for dispersed throughout the park but since the park has multiple kiddie ride areas, it doesn't seem that bad compared to a park where all the kids rides are in 1 section of the park which makes it hard for families to split up. I remember trips to the park in the 90s where the rest of my family would be in Bugs Bunny Land and I would go to Rolling Thunder but didn't go to RMT since it was further away from Bugs Bunny Land but if BBNP had existed back then, I probably could have gone to RMT while everyone else was at the kiddie rides nearby.

I like it when they are mixed in with the rest of the rides. I don't mind having one children's section but you need smaller rides around the park near the adult rides.

When my daughter and I went to a rollercoaster ride, my wife and son would hit a smaller kiddie ride close by. That way we we stayed together most of the time as a family. I remember doing that alot at Busch Gardens Williamsburg years ago.

Gadv pretty much does this also. There are children's section throughout the park near all the large coasters. Even when my daughter and I went to KK, my son played in the Jungle area (but that's closed now)

Now since both my kids ride all the coasters, need something for my wife to do besides sitting on a bench waiting for us all the time.

I think it is best to have kiddie rides in dedicated areas since parents don't control their kids that well anymore. At Hershery they have kiddie rides mixed with adult rides and sometimes you are tripping over little kids who dart right in front of you in thewalkways.

I think if the children's rides were scattered about amongst the adult rides the park would appear to have much more to offer. The way it is set up now guests without kids automatically discount the children's area and only consider what is left.

How about they just count the Kids Rides as separate rides instead of 1 attraction. Great America does it the same way.

• 11 months later...
Guest Moonracker7

Great adventure is a large park so the diffusion of kiddie kingdoms through out makes sense. Fiesta Texas is the smallest in the chain so 1 area makes sense but there is a lot of ground to cover...from the picnic grove to bizzaro is a long walk and a central location makes no sense like fun fair made no sense.