VOTE NOW FOR ALL YOUR FAVORITES FROM G.A. 2023 ×

The Waltzer Ride

The 1975 Great Adventure brochure include a ride caled "The Waltzer". It was on the map where the Swiss Bob was ultimately placed. The Swiss Bob is also on the map so it wasn't simply the Swiss Bob renamed. I believe the ride makes Great Adventure's Planned-But-Never-Built list. It is possible that the ride was actually the Super Cat, but there defintely was a flat ride available in the industry called "The Waltzer" in 1975. Does anyone have any information about plans for this ride at Great Adventure?

The 1975 map rendering showing The Waltzer:

gallery_2_35_469282.jpg

Photos of this type of ride:

6079368281_a4cc47cbbd_z.jpg

4528741356.jpg

A video of the ride in action (including crazy European ride operators!):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=37YtJcbtd7g

• 2 weeks later...

Ok the wall map shows the Jumbo Jet aka the Screamer the brochure. Shows the Walter if its to the right of the Traffic Jam II its the Super Cat. But the maps for that year are strange. The Enterprise is called Swing out. on the wall map. Etc. And the Torkia is called Ups a Diasie.So you tell me.

the big wall map. That was sold in the park. the Rotor was called Whirlpool. Conastoga Wagon was Taco King. The names on that map are strange, The hand out shows something else. The Schwabtchin was Suspension. The small wheel was Panarama.

That link doesn't work. Are you talkng about the map HERE on www.themeparkbrochures.net . That one is from the 1975 pamphlet and doesn't have the "Ups A Daisie" name.

You have me really curious about this. Is there another link? Any chance you can take a picture of the map you have?