VOTE NOW FOR ALL YOUR FAVORITES FROM G.A. 2023 ×

6/20/13 Photo TR

Yoshi

I wasn't sure how crowded it would be today with some schools finished for the year and others not done until next week. It was my 3rd trip to the park this month and the most crowded of the 3 trips but crowds weren't too bad.

I got to the park around 2:30 and went to Nitro first. The line was a little before the 60 minute sign and was just over 15 minutes. I saw the rapids had a very long line.

Skull Mountain also was around 15 minutes and when I entered the line, a guard was entering too. In the cave portion of the queue there was some kind of problem between 2 groups and the guard was talking to both of them. The 2 groups were yelling at each other. After I exited the ride, I saw the 2 groups separated outside and a guard was talking to each group.

Blackbeard's had no wait but unfortunately the cycle is back to 1 lap. I hope it's just temporary again and they go back to 2 laps soon.

Rolling Thunder had both sides open with 2 trains running on each side. I haven't ridden the left side this year so I went there first. The right side had a half empty station and the left side was a 2 train wait. People seemed to think that the right side was for Flashpass only since I heard people mentioning it and others going to the right side and then some people asking the Flashpass person at the merge point if that side was just for Flashpass. I went back for another ride on the left side and then to the right side. They were trying to race the trains as much as possible but with the right side's lift being faster, it always won. The left side stopped on the lift for around 20 seconds during one of my rides and then I saw it happen when I was on the right side. Dispatches were a little slower today with it taking as long as 5 minutes.

Green Lantern's line was almost up to the 30 minute sign. The line was moving very slowly and took me 6 minutes just to get to the single rider line stairs. I'm guessing the regular line was around 40 minutes based on how it was moving. They were taking as many as 6 people from the single rider line at once to fill in empty seats so even though there were a lot of people in the single rider line, my total wait time was only 10 minutes. It looks like the 3rd train may not be coming back at all since it is taken apart and in the area where the safari trucks park when they aren't in use.

The parachutes had 3 sides open. 2 sides had about a 10 minute wait, the other was less than 5 so I went to that line. The ride op at that side was waving at the other line for people to come to that line but most didn't listen to him.

Kingda Ka had all 3 trains running and the line had 2 full switchbacks. With 1 switchback full the line is around 20 minutes but the line moved slower than normal today and it was 35 minutes. I wouldn't have waited if I would have known it was going to be that long. It looked like the reason for the slow moving line was a lot of Flashpass users. I even saw some school groups using Flashpass which I hadn't seen before.

Runaway Mine Train had a 1 train wait. Bizarro had a line longer than I wanted to wait in so I skipped it today and walked to the other side of the park.

The Dark Knight had just a wait to get into the pre-show room and since it wasn't crowded I was able to get a re-ride.

I finished the day at Nitro waiting around 10 minutes. They were telling people to yell and scream when the train entered the station and if the train was loud enough, the whole train would get a re-ride. I only saw 1 train loud enough to get the re-ride and our train was kind of quiet so they didn't even consider it for that one.

Ride Count:

Nitro, 2x

TDK, 2x

Skull Mountain, 1x

Blackbeard's, 1x

Green Lantern, 1x

Parachutes, 1x

Kingda Ka, 1x

Rolling Thunder Right, 1x

Rolling Thunder Left, 2x

Runaway Mine Train, 1x

IMG_0749_zps66429622.jpg

Not something you want to see but with the exception of Twister, everything was open

IMG_0751_zps4402dc2a.jpg

Long line for the rapids

IMG_0752_zpscb76d52b.jpg

IMG_0753_zpse2df47b3.jpg

The Fuze truck was at the park again giving out free samples of iced tea

IMG_0754_zps1a6f9268.jpg

I was glad to see the left side of Rolling Thunder open since I like it better than the right side

IMG_0755_zps4d365d46.jpg

Safari Discoveries was closed even though it was around 5:00 when I took this picture. I wasn't sure if it closed early or was closed all day. I didn't see any animals out.

IMG_0758_zps2cf21560.jpg

I can understand Great Adventure not wanting to take any chances after reading that. It must be rare for a ride having to have the restraints cut open to free the riders.

Edited by Yoshi