VOTE NOW FOR ALL YOUR FAVORITES FROM G.A. 2023 ×

SFA gets good news

ericthewanderer

SFA just found out that some long-term restrictions-most importantly the 200-foot-high rule and staying open past 10PM-have basically been lifted.For all the details just go to www.sfafans.com.

When I heard that SFA now had the option of going over 200 feet-and staying open later-I was ecstatic :breakdance::hotdog: !!!!!Now the park can "re-invent" itself by having some of those "wish list" rides and events(skytower,Fright Fest till midnight).

Y can't we have fright fest till midnight?

From what I've been told over the years is that SFA wasn't allowed to by the county government:back in the Wild World days they(local gov.)said there was too much noise,traffic,and supposed gang activity involved with thepark being open late.

Fortunately it seems like those days are over,since the park IS now allowed to be open later during FF.

Good for the park, hopefully it will help attendance. With Great Adventure after last year where they were scheduled to be open until 11 on Saturday's in October and then changed it to midnight a few of those days, I was kind of surprised to see them not stay open until midnight. Based on the crowd pictures I have seen posted over the years from those days, I think it would still be crowded until then,

• 2 weeks later...

From what I've been told over the years is that SFA wasn't allowed to by the county government:back in the Wild World days they(local gov.)said there was too much noise,traffic,and supposed gang activity involved with thepark being open late.

Fortunately it seems like those days are over,since the park IS now allowed to be open later during FF.

SFA is less than an hour away from the DC ghettos and it is still the only park that someone tried to break into my car! MS-13 is known to operate in Upper Marlboro, Maryland. So being that close to DC I don't blame the county being concerned about gangs. I would not want to be walking though that parking lot during the daylight let alone after midnight.

SFA is less than an hour away from the DC ghettos and it is still the only park that someone tried to break into my car! MS-13 is known to operate in Upper Marlboro, Maryland. So being that close to DC I don't blame the county being concerned about gangs. I would not want to be walking though that parking lot during the daylight let alone after midnight.

It's unfortunate you had that happen at my home park,but remember-most parks near major cities(unfortunately) attract some bad people;even family-centered parks like Disneyland and KBF have had gang incidents.Hopefully we all could work together to prevent further travesties.