VOTE NOW FOR ALL YOUR FAVORITES FROM G.A. 2023 ×

Zumanjaro: Drop of Doom - NOW OPEN!

GAcoaster

Zumanjaro is GREAT. Had so much fun today!! Also was chose to be in the commercial and even had some closeups done so watch for my mug coming soon! lol

That's ridiculous! They told me it was closed even though I'm a season pass holder, how on Earth did you get on?!

Actually, that helicopter was for Jim Reid-Anderson, CEO of Six Flags, who was at the park today.

Actually, it was not. Jim was there well before the helicopter arrived, I saw him take his first ride. The helicopter was for filming and even noted so at the entrance of the park.

Edited by jdc12192

I was also there Yes Chopper was for the Commercial shoot

it has a front mounted camera and spent about an hour filming the Kingda Ka launches and the ZUM drops

here's video I took today

REMEMBER TO CLICK ON THE GEAR THEN 1080P for best quality

Edited by NoLoops

The delay isn't that bad. It's nice that it will open for the 4th of July. I'm planning on going for season pass day after work around 5pm. Hopefully it will be an all day event.

Preview of Zumanjaro: Drop of Doom Delayed

JACKSON, NJ―July 2, 2014―The press preview of Six Flags Great Adventure’s Zumanjaro: Drop of Doom has been delayed. The New Jersey Department of Community Affairs’ Carnival-Amusement Ride Safety Unit has not yet granted the operating permit. Zumanjaro: Drop of Doom is a very complex, innovative ride, and the state’s review of documentation is still underway.

All testing and inspection by Six Flags engineers, maintenance and operations teams have been completed. The ride is fully operational and in compliance with the manufacturer’s specifications.

Six Flags respects the function and responsibility of the Carnival-Amusement Ride Safety Unit of the DCA and looks forward to their inspection soon.

Zumanjaro: Drop of Doom stands a staggering 41 stories tall. Connected to the iconic Kingda Ka roller coaster—the 45-story monster that ranks as the world’s tallest and fastest coaster—Zumanjaro hoists riders 415 feet into the sky and plummets them back to Earth at speeds of up to 90 miles per hour.

Three soaring Zumanjaro towers stand on the face of the massive Kingda Ka coaster. The trio of gondolas rises to the top of the tower in approximately 30 seconds. Riders pause for a few terrifying moments 41 stories in the air—even higher than London’s Big Ben and twice as tall as Lady Liberty—allowing them to catch a glimpse of the skyscrapers in Philadelphia 52 miles to the southwest before gravity plunges them back to ground level in less than 10 seconds.

Zumanjaro: Drop of Doom was recently named the No. 3 most thrilling ride in the U.S. according to USA Today.

For more information, visit www.sixflags.com/greatadventure or call 732/928-2000.

Source: Six Flags Great Adventure