VOTE NOW FOR ALL YOUR FAVORITES FROM G.A. 2023 ×

What songs would be in your ideal pre-show?

jdc12192

After working venues in the park and having a love/hate relationship with pre-show music, out of curiosity what song or songs would be in your ideal pre-show? Is there a song you would put in just because you love it? A song you don't like but is good for pumping up the crowd? Curious to see responses and just to make it a little harder, think that its going to be played in the park, so appropriate songs :)

I'll take any song except if it is from the soundtrack to Jersey Boys! I have OD'd on that over the past two seasons at the park! I'll have to think about what would be good today, but here are some of the songs that were featured at the aqua stadium over the years - all keeping with a nautical theme.

There was a song that used to be played "pre-show" at almost every show at Great Adventure. I believe it was custom scripted for the park. I don't remember all of the words, but the chorus went "there's gotta be something new to find, that leaves that everyday life behind... It's called Great Adventure.... Great Adventure... G R E A T ADVENTURE! Open up to a new experience, open up to something mysterious. We'll have a Great Adventure, adventure, adventure, adventure, adventure... Here at Great Adventure!"

When Bob O'Neil was in charge of shows, there was always great pre and post show music, and only later did I realize it came from Boston Pops albums. They used to use most of America: The Dream Goes On as pre show for the Red White & Blue Review and they used the Battelstar Galactica theme from Out Of This World (along with some other music) as the exit of the dolphin show. I ended up buying both because I enjoyed them so much.

jdc12192, What were the pre and post show playlists last season?

Is it bad to say i don't remember all of it? :confused1: Me and some co workers have been trying to remember the songs from last year and the year before. You would think after hearing it as much as we did we would have it imbedded in our head! I should be embarrassed that some of you guys remember songs from years ago from just being guest lol! The reason i started this topic was because we would like to make our own pre show this year but we aren't sure if we are going to be able to.

Ill try to remember more and edit them in. They are slowly coming back!

In no specific order i know these were (some of) the songs of pre show last year---

(^only version i can find of that song)

post show had these-

(FF to 1:20 for thanks for all the fish)

Edited by 29yrswithaGApass

• 4 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Nothing to do do with the show or ride schedules, but the Late Night Closing Crew Used to love this cut of a "Weird AL Yankivich" song. Straggling guests might here it coming thru the clean-up crews radio speakers as they move the last folks out the gates.

Edited by mayor al

• 4 months later...
  • 3 years later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...