VOTE NOW FOR ALL YOUR FAVORITES FROM G.A. 2023 ×

The Old Country!

After doing some checking around the internet. Ive come up with another plan for the parks 'lets go retro". Seeing how the area has the capacity for three attractions.

Z47 Zyclon Roller Coaster

Pinfari/Interpark

8 cars/4 passangers

950 guest per hour

Meets all current US safety guides. Cars themed to old VIctorian motif

Musik Express

Bertazzon

1200 gueests per hour

Meets all US safety guides. Themed to our orginial

Waltzer

Gersthuer

??? Guests per hour

Meets all US safety guides. Themed to a victorian motif

Weve all been waittring for the reopenning of the Old Country. Well heres a very do able plan to get it back. reintroduce some up dated GA classics.....ANd add family friendly fun. And rename the area Strawberry Fair....Any thoughts?

Edited by FlumeOp1974

I agree. But the thought behind it was a simple one. The areas dark. has the space for them..And they are avilable new. Would replace missing rides...But with a new themed area Strawberry Fair (Retro section Name) thats been lost. the services needed to power them in place as are lights walkways etc.And helps increase the hourly capacity for ridership. And fills the need for faimily friendly rides. Id also replace the park benchs with Whitle metal ones with the same motif. replace the lamps with Dream Street style. Redo the games to Fortune Fest. look with lights and awings. ANd replace picnic tables with White wrought iron like the origianl Gimgerbread Fancy. Heck even take the old Observitory and remove the hands paint it birght white throw lights on it very ol school "Dream Land Park" and turn it into a eatry. Serving Bavarian Waffles topped with Whip Cream and strawberrys, serve chees cake, Pies and Soft drinks Strawberry Lemonaide. ANd do it all in Bright white. Banners, Hanging planters...Very Warner LaRoy..Very Great Adventure!!!!!!!!

Edited by FlumeOp1974

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Moonracker7

I was actually thinking of renaming Authabon Jokers dodgems, just redo exterior. Musik express may have to be removed because I do not think they make that type of ride there any more but if they do it would be themed to Riddler; they would remove dark night and replace the giant gap with a wing rider named robin(possibly using chillers station but I have doubt if they do) and slightly move the super hero store to connect to the rides exit. The park would also add nitro and the rapids to the area with the rapids themed to penguin and nitro themed to poison ivy. the indoor theater should be destroyed so they can reroute the picnic grove incase music express can't be repaired to make way for harlequin's sledgehammer and nitro would be renamed Riddler's Revenge(even though green lantern could have been called that when first installed in SFKK) it does not make sense to go retro because the park has long since discontinued its Oktoberfest event and all in all, a bad move for six flags...unless they do an RMC coaster in chillers area and a new enterprise and pendulum.

Good idea...i went retro because of two things. First the rides have a proven track record. The observitory is in place and sitting empty. And people have been begging for more family style rides. Now I know we have kiddie areas all over the park. But when it comes to 8-11 group and young children riding with adults weve got a few but not enough. An yes all the rides Imentioned are avilable as new...

• 2 weeks later...

True but they have been trying- 2012 saw 4 new flat rides, 2013 saw the unique update to the safari, and this year we are getting a drop tower which adds to our non-coaster thrill collection. However I do agree that Movietown/Old Country needs an update IMO that's the most needed thing in the park now.

sorry but in 2012, 2 of the rides they added , the scrambler and bumper cars, rides they already had. you cant count them. they always had them, they should never have been removed(scrambler) or closed(autobahn-old country) in the first place.

sorry but in 2012, 2 of the rides they added , the scrambler and bumper cars, rides they already had. you cant count them. they always had them, they should never have been removed(scrambler) or closed(autobahn-old country) in the first place.

What? They already had them? We've had coasters since 1974 but we count the newest ones. DejaVu (Scrambler) and Fender Benders (bumper cars) were new for 2012.

^^ What happened during the early-mid 2000s happened and is done and current management is just trying to fix the mistakes. Even if those rides were there before, the new ones are updated versions and they add a lot more life to that area of the park and filled up empty ride pads. IMO they were great additions. If I see actual reason to call out the park's actions I will do it (RT removal at the time, the Movietown section, etc.) but the past few years have had the most meaningful additions for the park since Plaza del Carnaval and I give them credit for that.

Just my opinion, everyone has them :)

Edited by RC98

I dont think anyones calling them out. Were just offering up ideas. And there is the old expression less is more. Do I think some of the new additions are great you bet. But even the simple things can have a great inpact. Not only is the park about the thrill, its also about the feast for the eyes, the smiles of a childs face, the joy of family. Ive worked in a lot of theme parks over the years thanks to my beginnings at Great Adventure, And in the end those are the 3 things they all brake down to. Those are things guests remember. And even if one guest has a bad experince at the park and goes home and tells that to others it can cost a park lots of money. A theme park is not a amusment park its above that.

I wasn't referencing you when I made the above post FlumeOp1974 I was referencing this

I was trying to say that I felt the post I quoted was unnecessarily calling out the park, that what happened in the past is done and that the new additions recently have been the most meaningful for the park in years since they provide memories for everyone rather than thrills for some, and the thrills they are adding add to the park's overall ride collection rather than being excess.

I agree about what you said about the simple things in the theme park experience, that's why Disney is the most successful and popular park operator.

Edited by RC98