VOTE NOW FOR ALL YOUR FAVORITES FROM G.A. 2023 ×

Who Is Going On Opening Day?

DarkKnight

I ended up going to GAdv for the last 2 hour before closing, it was cold but I was glad I went. Nitro, Batman, and El Toro have locker nazis now, I did not ride Medusa, GASM, or Superman so I don't know if they have them but they probably do too. Nitro's free station lockers that were put in last year are now gone.

^We noticed that some rides which had no free locker system last year actually had them this year such as Skull Mountain and a few others. So it would seem that the old free lockers are being put to good use. In terms of the team members watching for things being brought on the ride. I will be very honest if nothing else I thought that the loading times on many of the rides were better than they have been simply by eliminating the multitudes of people who have to walk accross the platform to put their belongings into a locker and then take their seats when finished. I was actually happy with the result of the lockers on the first day so I guess I might need some more time to assess them.

Yes, Skull Mountain and GASM both have the free lockers in the station now, which makes sense because they don't get the huge lines that the others do. The purpose of the mandatory lockers is to speed up the lines for the most popular coasters, and from what I saw on BTR, Nitro and El Toro, it works well. Instead of having that confusion of people passing through the train to put down their stuff, getting in the way of people getting off the train, too many people coming through the airgates, etc, now people get on, get checked, and get dispatched. It's much more efficient.

^Absolutely. The effects on loading times probably won't be seen until the park is a bit more crowded and lines lengthen a bit. It was nice though to get on the train lock in and be done without waiting for something to put all their belongings away or anything.

I would not be surprised to see a line for those lockers during very crowded days. Hopefully they won't end up having fights on those super crowded days.

Edited by The Master

I would not be surprised to see a line for those lockers during very crowded days. Hopefully they won't end up having fights on those super crowded days.

This is a good point that I didn't even think fo while on there. While it seems turnover will be pretty quick in terms of epople constantly coming and going, any line over about a half hour is surely going to cause some serious backups. I would say people would be better off getting themselves a regular locker for the day, but unless they are getting on every major coaster a few times it is more costly to do it that way. I don't know how they are going to handle that situation in all honesty.