VOTE NOW FOR ALL YOUR FAVORITES FROM G.A. 2023 ×

Retro Trip Report: March 29th, 2002 - Opening Day 2002

I find it interesting seeing all those rides, especially those from the War on Lines, that aren't there anymore. It also looks different seeing Rolling Thunder without El Toro right next to it.

Edited by RC98

It seems like so much has changed in 12 years with so many new rides added and others removed since then. I can't believe it has been almost 10 years since Bugs Bunny Land closed.

What a difference it would make to have the Old Country and Movie Town areas reopened. Imagine if we had those seven rides (or similar ones) as well as the Stunt Arena, Showcase Theatre, and Autobahn Games area to experience today! Eliminating the Movie Town dead end would also be a big plus.

GA needs to add more flat rides and get old country open. why did they also design the golden kingdom area as a dead end too?

It originally had a pathway connecting it to the other side of the GK to PDC but that path has been shut for a while now which made it a dead end.

Will it be opened up again with Zumanjaro being added to the area? Between Ka and Zumanjaro there are going to be a lot of crowds in that area, anything to help prevent dead ends over there would be good to have.

Don't think it is decided or confirmed yet. Its a possibility depending on how they work the baboons into the safari discoveries area, you may be able to walk through that again.

Only GA adds dead ends into the layout of the park. They have no planning whatsoever. Close this, make a dead end, close that, make another dead end. Just a total joke.

Edited by 29yrswithaGApass
Capitalize sentences properly please.

Only GA adds dead ends into the layout of the park. They have no planning whatsoever. Close this, make a dead end, close that, make another dead end. Just a total joke.

I have to agree with you here. I see very little planning along the lines of how the park is configured or guest flow. It seems whatever will cost the least is being added with the hope that it will draw the most in terms of attendance. Sadly, they really have destroyed much of the parks beauty and the lower attendance speaks for itself.

^ Yeah I have to agree on that since although I like SFGadv since I'm young and a coaster enthusiast, the rest of my family would book a whole trip to Disney before spending a day at the park. My parents aren't even park enthusiasts and they still notice how many parts of the park are concrete and coasters haphazardly thrown around. It helps me see another perspective on the park which is why I sometimes advocate for more family attractions and theming on here even though I'm a thrill seeker myself.