VOTE NOW FOR ALL YOUR FAVORITES FROM G.A. 2023 ×

SFOG Roller coasters for beginners and Bugs Bunny question.

jelly

Hi jelly,

We don't usually get Six Flags Over Georgia questions here (mostly Great Adventure in NJ) but having been to SFOG here are some suggestions.

As a beginner you probably want to start off on the Wile E. Coyote Canyon Blaster. It is a pretty mild ride made for families. From there you may want to try the Dahlonega Mine Train which is a little bigger and a little taller but pretty much the same speed. After that would be the wooden Great American Scream Machine - faster and taller.

As far as character signatures, they will do that - especially the super heroes. You may be able to even get an autograph book for them to sign in one of the gift shop.

Enjoy your trip!

^^ jelly, I know since I was a "late bloomer" so to speak when it came to riding coasters myself. My first big coaster was in 2011 (Moreys' Great White) and I admit to being nervous when I rode it. After the end of the first drop I was hooked! Now I'll ride anything and everything that's not a kiddie ride or an upcharge (I just don't feel like paying the money when Toro is free with admission ;) ). Just do it and you'll enjoy! :)

My first coaster was Nitro (how I got my username). I was 8 years old and I rode it in June 2007. My dad decided to take me to Great Adventure since we had never been to an amusement park before and wanted to try it out. We didn't want to go on anything that went upside down, so we asked someone what would be a good easier going coaster to start on that didn't go upside down. They said that we should ride Nitro and that it was really high up, but no loops. What we were not told was that it was 230 feet tall and went 80 mph. We got there and the wait was to the 60 minute sign. We almost bailed right there, but we stayed and the wait was only 20 minutes. We decided to ride front row and as we were about halfway up the lift hill, my dad thought "Oh crap, I got him in way over his head". It took about 1 minute to climb the lift hill, but it felt like 10. When we got up there, the drop kept going over and over till it felt like we were going straight down. It was absolutely nuts that I did that for my first roller coaster when I was 8. I wasn't nervous at all because I had never even ridden a roller coaster and I didn't know what my dad had just gotten me into. I still remember getting off of it and barely being able to walk. I have ridden many coasters since and I will continue to do so.

• 2 weeks later...

^ Yeah IMO Disney uses the best system since anyone can use it, it should be used as a model for other parks. At least Six Flags should get rid of the platinum Flash Pass since it effectively enables users to skip the line and then ride twice. Not fair at all.