VOTE NOW FOR ALL YOUR FAVORITES FROM G.A. 2023 ×

Six Flags Great Escape

ebuker

We are planning on a weekend getaway up to Lake George, NY. One of the main stops on the trip will be at six flags great escape.

Does anyone have any tips? it will be my wife and I, along with our 6 and 9 year old girls. The older one being the fearless type, the younger still cautionary. From what I read it seems to be smaller and have more family type rides due to its past.

Thanks everyone

Make sure you ride the Alpine Bobsled (if it's open) since it used to be Great Adventure's Sarajevo Bobsled!

Didn't know it was the exact ride from SFGA!

How to do Great Escape? Go there when they open. That's about it.

If you've been to any waterpark, Chances are you've ridden the slides that are at Splashwater Kingdom so you can skip it.

We are staying near the park, so we most likely will get their first thing. In general are the crowds less than SFGA?

• 1 month later...

I was thinking of taking a trip to either Great Escape or Six Flags America since they are close in terms of driving, 3 hours south or 4 hours north. I'm leaning towards Great Escape because my younger daughter can get on all of the rides but my question to those of you who have been to one or both of them, which one is more enjoyable?