VOTE NOW FOR ALL YOUR FAVORITES FROM G.A. 2023 ×

Carowinds Amusement Park adding Worlds tallest/fastest giga coaster in 2015

SFGadv123

It looks like it will be an awesome coaster but I feel like it wasn't needed with the park already having a B&M Hyper Coaster (same thing with Canada's Wonderland) and they could have gone with a completely different type of coaster they don't have especially when Intimidator was just added to the park a few years ago.

I have to agree with Yoshi, I'm not quite following the decision on putting this in. Don't get me wrong, this looks like an AWESOME creation from B&M. But yet, this park has Intimadator, which frankly, I feel delivers a similar, slightly more tame version of this.

• 6 months later...

In that case.. Where is our new bigger and faster B&M hyper coaster?? Build it right next to Nitro and name it... Glycerin!

Or Trinitroluene, otherwise known as TNT. I'm fairly certain that's the inspiration for Nitro's name. Nitro- the most explosive coaster on the planet.

Fury looks like the best hyper/giga/speed coaster B&M has designed, both in aesthetics and ride.

• Like 1

Its a 4 hour drive from my Dad's house in Virginia to Carowinds. My have to go there this summer when my family visits him. We usually go to either Kings Dominion or Busch Garden (which is only 2 hours from his house).

^That is a good observation. Although, Six Flags has never built a coaster of this scale-- it could be considerably more expensive to have stairs on both sides of a 325' lift. It might not be necessary to have stairs on both sides as well. I wonder-- is it the choice of the park, manufacturer, or a collaboration? Nitro of course has stairs on both sides, but Cedar Fair never purchased one of the older style B&M hypers like Nitro- only the newer style hypers and gigas like Diamondback, Leviathan, Intimidator, and Fury. I'd be interested to know how that decision is made.

I wonder-- is it the choice of the park, manufacturer, or a collaboration?

This is a question I've had for years!

Also, Im really liking this coaster a lot. It really fits into the park. Perhaps I'll go into detail later but I'm too lazy to type right now XD